10 replies to this topic

#1 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• Member No: 2504
  • 662 Thanks
  • 405 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 04:54 PM

Hello all,
Looking to sale my Powerkings. I have 2- 1618's and 1- 1218. One 1618 runs and operates great the other 2 need work. I prefer to sale all as a package however I will possibly break up the lot. I haves my extra parts, two 60" decks, two cabs, a three point hitch set up a rototiller, the running 1618 has the rear pto on it. A complete hydraulic system. Extra 4 speed trans and clutches. All three tractors should be able to be made running with the parts. All are in good to verygood condition the 1618's have power steering as well.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• hamman, sacsr and OkieGt have said thanks

#2 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 06:01 PM

What are looking to get out of the package? Thanks

#3 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• 662 Thanks
  • 405 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 06:36 PM

I'm open to offers as well as trades, however for all of it i would like 3400.00

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 08:23 PM

Think I've seen you around on forums??  I like the Plastic Kings (sometimes), wish I had power steering on Mine.  I would like to offer, but too far away for me and specially in winter. You anywhere near JrHaines that sells alot of PK on epay?  I sometimes work with him on picking up stuff far away.

• OkieGt said thank you

#5 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 08:27 PM

Think I've seen you around on forums??  I like the Plastic Kings (sometimes), wish I had power steering on Mine.  I would like to offer, but too far away for me and specially in winter. You anywhere near JrHaines that sells alot of PK on epay?  I sometimes work with him on picking up stuff far away.

Your use of the term plastic king may not amuse him, without a lol...... lol, just kidding

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 08:45 PM

That's what they get called with those plastic bodies. Many people think that was one of worst things for PK to do after having that great line of Metal body units. They were trying to Modernize and they DO look good I think, just not as durable and had some drivetrain issues on manuals that hurt their reputation. The later Hydro units way up into 90's even were very nice rigs. Don't see many of those around and quite pricey still when you do. I want one of those hydros someday, but not really loooking hard because of those issues.

#7 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• 662 Thanks
  • 405 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 12:10 AM

Hi Gary,

Yes we have talked in the past. John is about 2 hours north east of me. The machines are very clean and with the amount of extra parts and optional items it would be a very nice deal for the money. I guess in the terms of new and old, metal versus fiberglass, I cannot figure out what all the knock is about these models. I've had both and to be honest the newer ones are just plain easier to use and operate to me. Stoutness, not sure. maybe parts availability/ cost deters people. I like them alot however I am working on a car project and the extra room would be nice as they are rather large.

I am not sure of the trip length for you, bit I'm sure we could work something out as far as John being a contact or some arrangements.

Take care Mike

• OkieGt said thank you

#8 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 12:25 AM

Hi Gary,

Yes we have talked in the past. John is about 2 hours north east of me. The machines are very clean and with the amount of extra parts and optional items it would be a very nice deal for the money. I guess in the terms of new and old, metal versus fiberglass, I cannot figure out what all the knock is about these models. I've had both and to be honest the newer ones are just plain easier to use and operate to me. Stoutness, not sure. maybe parts availability/ cost deters people. I like them alot however I am working on a car project and the extra room would be nice as they are rather large.

I am not sure of the trip length for you, bit I'm sure we could work something out as far as John being a contact or some arrangements.

Take care Mike

I think its the same as me collecting newer 70s tractors and those that collect the older 50s and 60s tractors, you collect what you like. worse mistake I make is buying something that's "not me"

• Talntedmrgreen and Bob IN have said thanks

#9 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 06:11 PM

I think its the same as me collecting newer 70s tractors and those that collect the older 50s and 60s tractors, you collect what you like. worse mistake I make is buying something that's "not me"

That is a very true and wise comment. I guess I never thought of it that way. Thank you very much.

#10 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• 662 Thanks
  • 405 posts

Posted January 13, 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hi All,
I'm looking to move these Power Kings. Will sale all or desperate. Will trade for other GTs let me know what you have.

Thanks
Take care
Mike

#11 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted January 13, 2014 - 01:24 PM

I know this guy and, if the tractor isn't really nice, he won't have it.  I wouldn't be afraid to make an offer and take these home if I was looking for a good (or some good) tractors.  It's actually a very nice package for the price.  Just thought I would throw that in as I have dealt with him before.  Good guy.

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale, powerking