#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,626 Thanks
  • 2,579 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 08:13 PM

in the works for me but, I don't know. I have two extra Homelite electric lift actuators and I got to thinking, (ya I know). I would like to make the front dozer blade on my T-16 H so it could turn. I'm thinking of using one of these motors to do that. This is just in the thinking stage and I was wondering what you guys think of this. I believe I could do it without much problem. I could even build a cover / case for it to keep snow and dirt out. homeliteliftmotor.PNG

I would need to do some fabrication but not much. It is a bear to get on and off the tractor in the winter to pull the pin and turn the blade. The actuator will hold in the mid position to make it set at straight then I would just have to mount a switch to move it to the right and left. What do you think? Roger.

#2 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 08:40 PM

Sounds like a neat idea!  Will the actuator hold up to the load/impacts?  If so, you're probably set!

• hamman said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 08:47 PM

With as expensive as those are to replace, I would be afraid of trashing it. They are designed to move in and out, but I'll bet the acme screw or 'nut' will shatter under severe shock. Maybe not, but there's A lot of shock and leverage also.
  • hamman said thank you

#4 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,626 Thanks
  • 2,579 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 08:50 PM

That was the information I was asking for. I'm not sure it is a great idea but I would like to see if it would work. You guys ahve given me some things to think about. Thanks. Roger.

• MH81 said thank you

#5 AC919H OFFLINE  

AC919H
  • Member No: 10922
  • 4 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted January 10, 2014 - 07:47 PM

Honestly, I would not do it for the above reasons, also the electric actuators usually move slower than most people like.   

• hamman said thank you

#6 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • Member No: 50665
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 07:12 AM

I think it would work fine "If" you added a spring loaded locking system, that could be hand/cable controlled and possibly even use the original pin and holes. I dont think it would last without a lock tho, likely tear the gears out of the actuator.
  • Alc said thank you