7 replies to this topic

#1 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 04:17 PM

Less than a month separate these two, one was made in December of 1979, the other in January of 1980, steering wheel was one of the tips, engine serial number, and tractor serial number verified it.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF2557.JPG
  • DSCF3202.JPG
  • DSCF3380.JPG
  • DSCF3210.JPG

#2 jms180 OFFLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 925 Thanks
  • 1,216 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 04:19 PM

wow 2 nice looking twins

• OkieGt said thank you

#3 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,565 Thanks
  • 3,947 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 05:29 PM

Looks good Okie. You have some nice attachments. What is the history on these two?

• OkieGt said thank you

#4 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 06:42 PM

The 1979 I bought in Porter, Oklahoma. The kid who sold it to me said it was his Dad's. His Dad's name was on all the paperwork and manual, when I googled the name I found our he was a local doctor in the area that had moved to Utah and opened a pain management center. The place was a front for dealing oxy's, lortabs, and zanax. The feds convicted him on selling 75,000 pils and gave him life in prison (several deaths involved). I saw the tractor on CL along with a RER Snapper both for 275.00. I told him if he would hold the tractor for an hour and a half it would take me to drive there, I would give him 275.00 just for the Ariens. When i got there he said some guy from Dallas had called him and said the tractor was worth 750.00, So I said well I guess he's coming up to buy it? No, he just wanted to let me know what was worth (I run into this ALL the time), we end up making a deal for 375.00 plus the new screw gun I had in the back of my van that he saw. I guess the kid was no different than the dad, morally bankrupt. I got the blade and tiller for this from a GT17 with a blown motor. I bought it for 375.00, took the blade and tiller and someone offered me 300.00 for the dead tractor.

The 1980 I bought Thanksgiving day, not last year, but the year before, in Panora, Iowa, about 500 miles one way. It came with a like new 48 two stage snow blower, 44" tiller, 54" snow plow, chains, and a 48" deck with all manuals, I paid 1000.00 for it, the guy had bought at an auction in the area and fixed a bad fuse, and made some Christmas money. I drove up there to be met with 10 inches of snow, both front tires showing cord/wire and a leaky radiator. We stayed in West Des Moines for the night and made it back to OK the next day, frazzled and worn out.

My wife accompanies me on almost ALL trips and only asks when do we leave, I sold the rear tiller and front blade ( I already had both on my other GT)from the Panora tractor for 700.00 and drove back up to Minburn, Iowa (10 miles eat of Panora) later that summer and bought my Bolens H16 with snow blower, tiller, and front plow for 500.00

• CanadianGT20 said thank you

#5 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 06:58 PM

Are all the tractors in the background of the first pic yours?  Do you have any pictures of the whole collection?  I know you're into nice originals and survivors as am I but I didn't realize the extent of the collection.  Very nice. :thumbs:

• OkieGt said thank you

#6 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:18 PM

Are all the tractors in the background of the first pic yours?  Do you have any pictures of the whole collection?  I know you're into nice originals and survivors as am I but I didn't realize the extent of the collection.  Very nice. :thumbs:

Bad quality video and it doesn't show my 1973 first year CASE 224,  my second 1978 Simplicity 7016H, second Massey MF-16, two other Massey 1450's and another Allis 416s  All Hydros except the Allis416 Shuttle, I have decks and attachments out the wahzoo. I might have the rarest collection of 1970s single cylinder hydros in the midwest. most in the first picture as far as you can see are mine. I collected these by quitting smoking and drinking, unfortunately there have been a few causalities along the way, due to the frustration of learning how to deal with people in a sober state. I've been laid up and hurt, no job most of the time, only a desire and opportunity. I've picked up a LOT of scrap metal with a brace and a crutch, lol

http://s1197.photobu...html?sort=3&o=5

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF2561.JPG
  • Sovereign1.JPG

#7 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for posting that.  I've seen several of those in individual threads but never all together.  You definitely have a collection to be proud of. 

Also, that garage looks like a very nice work space.

• OkieGt said thank you

#8 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:41 PM

Thanks for posting that.  I've seen several of those in individual threads but never all together.  You definitely have a collection to be proud of. 

Also, that garage looks like a very nice work space.

Thanks so much I also have 60x40 barn. I hope to remodel the house, barn, and shop after I sell some other land I don't need. I was also hoping to get a job when I finish school, not full time or everyday, but I was hoping that psychologists with a Master Degree would make decent wages,