11 replies to this topic

#1 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 11:49 AM

This tractor has had a buy it now price of 599.00 and been on ebay for months and months with no takers. I wonder why? It seems like a nice machine, maybe because it's a shuttle?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a726d6ffe

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#2 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 12:46 PM

I thought so too...I'm guessing location plays into it, and the listing does mention some issues (seems like little things, but why not fix, THEN list for sale?)  Must just be a bit too much for where it's at.  I don't think it would sit around in the Midwest.  Shuttles aren't as popular as a hydro, but aren't complete dogs like a variable, either.

I just dunno, I guess!

• OkieGt said thank you

#3 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 01:29 PM

I thought so too...I'm guessing location plays into it, and the listing does mention some issues (seems like little things, but why not fix, THEN list for sale?)  Must just be a bit too much for where it's at.  I don't think it would sit around in the Midwest.  Shuttles aren't as popular as a hydro, but aren't complete dogs like a variable, either.

I just dunno, I guess!

If I could get it I would, a person could put a hydro in it. How you doing on that 314 aquisition that the guy wanted to repower?

Edited by OkieGt, January 06, 2014 - 01:30 PM.

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#4 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 02:18 PM

Looks like a $300 dollar tractor to me.
Starts the bidding at $600.
Won't show it. But local pickup only.
If you we're going to give me $600, I'd be glad to show it to you!

Joe
  • Talntedmrgreen and New.Canadian.DB.Owner have said thanks

#5 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 02:42 PM

Joe

X2!  Anything I sell can be seen by a potential buyer, be it, a tractor, a pulley, ANYTHING!  But, then again, I like the chit-chat that accompanies that, and can't expect everyone else does, or has the time.  I don't know if I could gamble on buying something off ebay without seeing it first, however, unless it was non-running priced.

• Rock farmer said thank you

#6 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 02:45 PM

Looks like a $300 dollar tractor to me.
Starts the bidding at $600.
Won't show it. But local pickup only.

Joe

You need to reread the ad, its not an auction, its a buy it now price, it might be a 300 dollar tractor, It hasn't brought 599.95, that fact has already been established, most/many tractors on eBay are local pick-up.

Edited by OkieGt, January 06, 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#7 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 03:07 PM

Every time I post an ad with ebay or craigslist I get a ton of calls from people who have absolutely no intention of buying the tractor/part, they only call or come over because they want a friend or need a friend (sad, but not my problem) and they want to talk to someone, for hours. I am overly accepting with these people but in just the last year they have cost me at least a week or two in time, and as much as I like to talk about GTs most of the time these guys start talking about big tractors, their daddys, their medical problems, and their lack of funds. Most of all they start talking about things they know nothing about and expect you to stand there while they blow their horn. I totally understand this guys ad, it's why I really, really, try not to sell anything, because I don't have the heart to be rude in person like I am able to in email. What I don't understand is why people are surprised by rude people when many of us do things (not always on purpose) that get under peoples skin. I love the guys that want a written bill of sale with an implied warranty written in, or come with a temporary check written on The First Bank of Quapaw, when the ad sasy CASH only, or those that show up two hours before schedule and you haven't made it home (over a dozen times), or the the ones that text my phone "do you still have it" when the ad states in bold letters "NO TEXTS", yep I understand this guy completely, funny thing is I would still probably do something that would PO him, not intentional, but when you sell alot of parts/tractors to us guys you get PTSD, ask Joe, Patton Acres, Bob.

#8 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 03:26 PM

I get that...I gotta say though, I must be lucky with who I've dealt with thus far.  Sure, a tire-kicker stops over now and then, but many of the guys that I've bought from or vice versa have become more than acquaintances, and a little network of sorts has developed within probably a 100 mile radious of home.  I've really enjoyed the interaction, and yeah, some folks get comfy talking about getting laid off work, their grumpy wife, health issues, etc.  Only the closer of those folks, that I consider friends, have ever spend more than 45 minutes or so here.

I could see how wasted time would certainly get under a guy's skin though...I've learned not to be too sensetive to the written word.  99% of the time, a reader reads something with a tone different than implied anyway.

• OkieGt said thank you

#9 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 03:36 PM

I get that...I gotta say though, I must be lucky with who I've dealt with thus far.  Sure, a tire-kicker stops over now and then, but many of the guys that I've bought from or vice versa have become more than acquaintances, and a little network of sorts has developed within probably a 100 mile radious of home.  I've really enjoyed the interaction, and yeah, some folks get comfy talking about getting laid off work, their grumpy wife, health issues, etc.  Only the closer of those folks, that I consider friends, have ever spend more than 45 minutes or so here.

I could see how wasted time would certainly get under a guy's skin though...I've learned not to be too sensetive to the written word.  99% of the time, a reader reads something with a tone different than implied anyway.

I feel the same for most of the guys I have bought from and those that come here with good intentions or sharing info are more than welcome. However, I get soooo many low ballers, know-it-alls, and emotional needy people that it does get aggravating. The ones that really bother me are the ones that can point to my Allis 416H or my Massey MF-16 and say, "I had a club cadet like that", and when you tell them what it is, they still think Cub, or Deere, or Sears built them, down here everything was built by Murray or Sears. This no joke I had a guy call and ask if I would trade a Ariens GT16H  for a GOAT, one goat, a blue ribbon blue eyed goat, I know this sounds hard to believe, but I was without words, not even rude ones. A GOAT, really

#10 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 06:54 PM

..... some folks get comfy talking about getting laid off work, their grumpy wife, health issues, etc. 

I haven't sold a whole lot of stuff but I've been pretty lucky as well.  But I will say, I'm AMAZED at what personal information some people will reveal to a total stranger. 

This no joke I had a guy call and ask if I would trade a Ariens GT16H  for a GOAT, one goat, a blue ribbon blue eyed goat, I know this sounds hard to believe, but I was without words, not even rude ones. A GOAT, really

So what did you end up naming your new goat? :poke:  :D

• OkieGt said thank you

#11 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:04 PM

I haven't sold a whole lot of stuff but I've been pretty lucky as well.  But I will say, I'm AMAZED at what personal information some people will reveal to a total stranger. 

So what did you end up naming your new goat? :poke:  :D

Ha Ha, Ha, no goat here, well ummm, not anymore, lol No kidding I know a guy that gave 3 GOATS for a Power King with a loader and plow, THREE GOATS, the next sentenced was self edited before mods could, lol, lol, lol

#12 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:12 PM

I was also wondering if the goat gave a better cut than an Ariens deck?

Just kidding. :rolling:

Edited by Canawler, January 06, 2014 - 07:13 PM.