• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,495 Thanks
  • 39,728 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 08:02 AM

I don't plan to try to clear anything today. Too cold for me.

Did I mention that I Hate Winter?

I'm right there with you!

• Sawdust said thank you

#17 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,503 Thanks
  • 4,954 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 08:44 AM

We are about done with the snow and the wind is starting to howl. A precursor to the chilly temps coming in tonight.

Geno

How is the weather up there in Aurora? I got a friend who lives in Rockdale, haven't heard from him.

Well, we ended up with a ton of rain, then bitter cold. My Tahoe said 0* and wind chill is really cold. My driveway is an ice rink, luckily we only got a dusting of snow, not the 4-6" we were supposed to get.

That old Speedex looked to do a good job, kind of glad I bought my two, have to get them running some day.

#18 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 03:49 PM

Went out today and cleared all the drifting or MOst anyway. Was all piled up right where  you don't want it you know!  I actually went out and got the little Areins blower out. This thing is Only 3.5 hp but is a Dual stage and can blow stuff good even when all the way up to the shrould top and if light, even more.  It needed me to use the electric start and either to get going. Never use much, but run some in summer. Starts right up by hand then. Anyway, knocked some paths thru the big drifts or several runs thru and later got the Speedes out in front again, and D in back. I put my rear blade on the D and it gave more weight and better grip. Use the rear blade backwards a little, but prefered the front blade for ease of use. NOW, if the county would get out and plow, might be good. Still keeping the Emerg 1 on and should only be emergency vehicles till 3pm Tuesday. They even pulled all the plows off county roads, they are blowing over drifting bad. Seems wind is much less here now and was a sunny day actually, just frigid. So, we're all dug out around the house, now waiting for clear roads. I am reporting for work at 10:30 pm and second shift is already starting. Bet we have lots of no show trucks for parts today. We'll see! 

#19 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:49 PM

Boy, the X sure is doing a nice job. Looks like you got all the snow that we were supposed to get... Sorry about that :D

#20 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 09:40 PM

How is the weather up there in Aurora? I got a friend who lives in Rockdale, haven't heard from him.

Well, we ended up with a ton of rain, then bitter cold. My Tahoe said 0* and wind chill is really cold. My driveway is an ice rink, luckily we only got a dusting of snow, not the 4-6" we were supposed to get.

Our high today was -17 and the wind was blowing pretty good. We got about 8" of snow which stopped last evening. It was pretty bad at work today. I spent a couple of hours outside.

Geno

#21 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 12:52 PM

Material and Maint only went in last night. Some anyway. about 8 of us out of 30 showed up. Some guys from Mid IN and One from Ohio got there, but Not many locals, heh!  No one on roads and packed hard snow, will be ice with traffic. STayed over this morning they were way short all over. Didn't do much, went home in 3rs from that. Never ran as 470 missing in plant from about 1100 that should have been there. They're still hoping 2nd shift will come in and get running, then US again. Temp is -5 now and is going to go up to high of one for day and keep climbing all night and tommorrow way up to 19. Next day is over 30 and Rain probly!  Man that will be a slick and then slushy mess on roads. 

• KennyP said thank you