15 replies to this topic

#1 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 04:51 PM

This is the fourth semester I've made the honor roll, that's kind of funny cause I don't remember much about high school, well at least notabout going toclass, homework, or studying, cause I hung out in the parking lot, bathroom try to establish a small pharmaceutical business. Less than 2 years before my Bachelors Degree then another two for a Masters. It goes fast, just very difficult making the bills and playing with tractors. I'm doing this for myself and to help others, I wish my Dad was still alive to see me make something of myself, even if I wont have long to do it. He never wanted me to be like him, only to be happy. I only hope to be as great as he was. 

Attached Files

• daytime dave, hamman, sacsr and 6 others have said thanks

#2 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,628 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 04:58 PM

Awesome job. Never sell yourself short. Keep up the good work. I had a 4.0 all the way through college, to bad I stopped going with only a few credits to go. Don't give up I know your Dad is very proud of the man you have become.  Congratulations !   Roger.

• OkieGt said thank you

#3 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,702 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 05:42 PM

Congrats.  hang in there.

• OkieGt said thank you

#4 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 06:28 PM

You have a great legacy! Congrats on the honor roll! You have a lot to be proud of and grateful for! Keep up the good work!
  • OkieGt said thank you

#5 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 06:44 PM

I know your Dad would be proud of your accomplishment.

Congratulations from VA!

Ben W.

• OkieGt said thank you

#6 Jack OFFLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 07:06 PM

Well I'm proud of you and I don't really even know you so you must be doing something good.

Jack..   

:good_job:

• OkieGt said thank you

#7 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 07:37 PM

At 56 it would have to be tough to go back to school period. I wouldn't even want to try it at 30.

Congratulations on your success!

The only thing that sees us through is hard work and dedication in whatever we choose to pursue.

My grandfather told me the only things you can't take away from a man is education and work ethic. Both define us as men.

I slacked on the education but made up for it in sheer determination and hard work.

Edited by toomanytoys84, January 04, 2014 - 07:37 PM.

• OkieGt said thank you

#8 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 07:39 PM

My education isn't about or for me, it is to help others, and to be able to that I will rewarded beyond more than I can imagine. I think you have to experience alot of things to be a good teacher or to help people. I don't think there is anything harder than trying to get people to go down the right path and make good choices, I have a lot of practice on the other side of the fence, and I think I understand a few things, but even understanding doesn't prevent mistakes.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#9 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 07:41 PM

At 56 it would have to be tough to go back to school period. I wouldn't even want to try it at 30.

Congratulations on your success!

The only thing that sees us through is hard work and dedication in whatever we choose to pursue.

My grandfather told me the only things you can't take away from a man is education and work ethic. Both define us as men.

I slacked on the education but made up for it in sheer determination and hard work.

Your granfather taught you right, his words were those of a real man, words of steel

• Talntedmrgreen and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#10 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 07:42 PM

My education isn't about or for me, it is to help others, and to be able to that I will rewarded beyond more than I can imagine. I think you have to experience alot of things to be a good teacher or to help people. I don't think there is anything harder than trying to get people to go down the right path and make good choices, I have a lot of practice on the other side of the fence, and I think I understand a few things, but even understanding doesn't prevent mistakes.

Can you truly put someone on the right path? I've made bad decisions many times even after being showed the right way

I believe you can show a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
  • OkieGt said thank you

#11 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 07:52 PM

Can you truly put someone on the right path? I've made bad decisions many times even after being showed the right way

I believe you can show a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

You lead my example and that's what makes the difference, a man will only rise as high as his fellow man or competition, he will fall just as low, not saying you can eliminate mistakes, but you can "legislate behavior". The government, society, and business has been very successful in some areas doing this. Case in point, after Eisenhower ruled segregation illegal public opinion toward African Americans was 3 times more favorable in just a few weeks. It took strong leadership for others to have the strength to stand up, and it still does.

#12 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 07:53 PM

Your granfather taught you right, his words were those of a real man, words of steel

He was a great man. He passed in 2002 at only 60 years old I miss him terribly.

Not trying to hijack. Back to congratulating!
  • OkieGt said thank you

#13 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 07:54 PM

You lead my example and that's what makes the difference, a man will only rise as high as his fellow man or competition, he will fall just as low, not saying you can eliminate mistakes, but you can "legislate behavior". The government, society, and business has been very successful in some areas doing this. Case in point, after Eisenhower ruled segregation illegal public opinion toward African Americans was 3 times more favorable in just a few weeks. It took strong leadership for others to have the strength to stand up, and it still does.

I agree with you. We can lead by example and try to teach people how to live right. The same as we do for our children
  • OkieGt said thank you

#14 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 07:55 PM

He was a great man. He passed in 2002 at only 60 years old I miss him terribly.

Not trying to hijack. Back to congratulating!

Not at all, my Dad was 61, we lost him in 1991. We never lose them as long as we remember them

#15 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 09:33 PM

Congratulations on the honor roll.  Keep up the good work.