Garden Tractor Forums banner

Allis 720 W/ Attachments, Hollsopple, Pa.

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JDBrian 
#1 ·
Looks like a good price on the BIN with all the extras.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/allis-chalmers-lawn-and-garden-tractors-and-equipment-/181292234493?pt=US_Outdoor_Power_Equipment&hash=item2a35dbf6fd

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Motor vehicle Amber Wood Gas Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Auto part

For sale an allis chalmers tractor, mower, and related parts. i will describe what is included in ths sale from the pictures you see. 1 tractor,1 mower,and hitch , (mower partly restored,) (all arbors have been re built) tractor has a 20hp engine from a used generator that i retroctfited from a power generator, works fine ,but needs a new carburetor, auction encludes a original cckb engine and parts which includes muffler and exhaust, ( engine needs to be re built) shown is a 46 in front snow plow,which is included in this auction.( any questions email me ).snow plow does not enclude tractor hitch.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Those generator engines are designed for 1800rpms. The flywheel is huge. I'm not sure it's a good idea to run at 3600 without a lighter flywheel. Perhaps that has already been dealt with.

#8 ·
I bought an old onan RV generator with the idea of adapting the engine to a GT. I decided it was too much work with the flywheel issue, a huge sump for oil and a bunch of other issues. I wonder what other issues will come up when running one at twice it's design speed. Oil pump or oil cavitation issues come to mind. Carb would be different as well. The gen set carb may not adjust for 3600.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.