• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 871 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 07:36 PM

hi guys , got my christmas / birthday tractor, made the deal jan 1 at 8:30 pm , was to pick it up yesterday but the snow gods made me wait a day, the po was very understanding but i did get it today, while picking up my 1960s surburban he asked if i wanted his old bolens, i know nothing about old bolens but this walk behind is big, dual clutches on the wheels, runs great chain drive, all original not rusty but could use a restore, he only has cultivators for it, pretty sure its a 1947 gardener are these worth anything, i would like a sickle bar mower, are they available, any guesstamate what its worth, i will post pics of my horse tomorrow thanks farmer john 

#2 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 07:44 PM

Well did the PO have a price I would see what he is thinking for it. 

Photos help alot to see what shape it is in and we can point out bad spots on it to help you.

To find a sickle bar mower for a gardener is going to be hard if it was a power ho or versa matic it would be alot simple to find a sickle to fit.

#3 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,684 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 08:30 PM

Well did the PO have a price I would see what he is thinking for it. 

Photos help alot to see what shape it is in and we can point out bad spots on it to help you.

To find a sickle bar mower for a gardener is going to be hard if it was a power ho or versa matic it would be alot simple to find a sickle to fit.

:ditto:

Pics will get us a better idea of what we're dealing with