• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,331 Thanks
  • 1,516 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 11:26 PM

Ok guys ive finally been waiting for this kind of snow for so long and now that its here that can only mean one thing. SEAT TIME!!! :D  :thumbs:  :dancingbanana: And since everyone has been good boys and girls we since we all love pictures ill provide plenty of entertainment. Im charging my camera and my gopro so everyone can get a real sense of what they see through my eyes. Mounts right on my forehead for best view (yes I look like a Cyclops but the view is worth it) :D

• hamman, wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and 9 others have said thanks

#2 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,916 Thanks
  • 4,221 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 04:14 AM

And WIND!

I was away when the snow started yesterday. Came home to a driveway full of cars of people scared to drive and people stuck. It took about 45 minutes to do a 20 minute drive. I had a trailer load of firewood I was bringing home. The last hill to climb about did me in, it was sliding all over the place. Now this morning I woke up to high wind, so we have lots of drifting. Time to grab the morning coffee and think about getting out there.

• MFDAC, Dieselcubmike and farmer john have said thanks

#3 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,722 Thanks
  • 875 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 04:57 AM

the wind has finally died here in ontario, i have drifts close to 5 feet in my driveway, we'll see what the light of day brings

• MFDAC and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,591 Thanks
  • 14,140 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 07:08 AM

It's snowing here now. I think it's the same storm that has come up through the eastern USA. We have bitter cold with it. supposed to get up to 12" of snow and its windy with a Blizzard warning in effect for today. Seat time later today. :dancingbanana:  At least this is dry fine snow and not the wet heavy stuff we typically get. 

#5 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 07:59 AM

We had 8 inches yesterday when I snowblowed. Temp was around 4 cold enough it blow real nice going down to - 14 today then going upto 20 on Sat. Then I'll do the cleanup blowing to cold and windy today TV says -28 windchill now. I'm staying by the coal stove today

• MFDAC and farmer john have said thanks

#6 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,089 Thanks
  • 2,196 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 09:11 AM

Mounts right on my forehead for best view (yes I look like a Cyclops but the view is worth it) :D

Don't worry Mike...wehn I wear mine, in weather like you're having, the neighbors aren't out to watch you anyway!! :rolling:

#7 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 909 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 09:35 AM

We got about 8-9" here, looks to be about done now, windy and cold hovering around the 0-5 above mark.  Supposed to drop well below ZERO tonight.  Wood stove is not keeping up and the house is cold...... At least I'm warm while I'm at work. Won't be much fun to finish cleaning up when I get home tonight.  Be careful out there all!!!

#8 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,869 Thanks
  • 2,488 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 11:44 AM

Just COLD here. We got maybe an inch of snow... but there was also a slick coat of frozen rain under that.

#9 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,201 Thanks
  • 1,191 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 11:36 PM

We have a crazy windstorm going on and the temp has dropped from 37f to 15f in about 4 hours and still plummeting. Gusting over 60mph. Glad i finally have 3 days off work where I can just stay inside!

DAC

#10 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,591 Thanks
  • 14,140 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 07:52 AM

Seat time postponed until today due to it just kept on snowing and blowing and it would have been a waste of time to go out there yesterday. Besides the wind chill was -30C.

I'll try to get some pics today. Drifting so I can't really tell how much is out there. 8-12" seems about right. 

#11 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 12,132 Thanks
  • 9,113 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 08:17 AM

I'm starting to think this 'big' east coast storm is a hoax. Not a single shred of evidence to be found in this thread.

:camera:

#12 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,408 Thanks
  • 1,329 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 08:27 AM

Ok guys ive finally been waiting for this kind of snow for so long and now that its here that can only mean one thing. SEAT TIME!!! :D  :thumbs:  :dancingbanana: And since everyone has been good boys and girls we since we all love pictures ill provide plenty of entertainment. Im charging my camera and my gopro so everyone can get a real sense of what they see through my eyes. Mounts right on my forehead for best view (yes I look like a Cyclops but the view is worth it) :D

Waiting for the entertainment! :tapping_fingers:

Geno

• twostep said thank you

#13 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 08:41 AM

I'm starting to think this 'big' east coast storm is a hoax. Not a single shred of evidence to be found in this thread.

:camera:

It is a hoax.  Anyone over 50 will tell you it was just a dusting with a little cold air. So we got 14 inches in two days big whoop, -12 for two days aww.   

#14 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,591 Thanks
  • 14,140 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 10:55 AM

Heres what we got out of the Hoax storm.

DSCF9530.jpg DSCF9527.jpg DSCF9525.jpg DSCF9524.jpg DSCF9523.jpg DSCF9519.jpg

A lot of drifting and probably 8-10" of snow at a guess. It's dry powdery densely packed stuff and plows easy. I made some big piles but didn't take any pics of them because my feet were nearly frozen by the time I was done. I normally blow out the area in front of the house but the walk behind wouldn't start.  It seemed to be flooding. I'm not sure what's up with it. It's an 11hp Tec. snow king ohv and has been cranky for a while. It has 12volt electric start, the battery is weak but even with the booster on it it didn't even kick. Last time it wouldn't go I cleaned the plug, checked spark and it was fine, put the plug back in and it started right up. There is fresh treated gas in it.

The diesel in the tractor was a bit rough for the first 5 seconds or so but fired right up. No issues with traction. Mostly used 2wd low and the dif lock a couple of times. No chains installed on it yet this year. 

#15 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,331 Thanks
  • 1,516 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 02:32 PM

http://www.youtube.c...YLm1N64FgRZQajA

Sorry guys. Here is seat time for you all to enjoy. Sorry its a bit on the quiet side :(