Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Big Honda Tractor, Cheap

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 11:15 AM

http://oklahomacity....4240176059.html

image.jpg

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 11:23 AM

Those are a well made tractor. I have heard that the drive train is very strong.  The problem is getting parts.

#3 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 11:25 AM

Those are a well made tractor. I have heard that the drive train is very strong.  The problem is getting parts.

Then one must just buy two of them lol

#4 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 11:25 AM

WOW!  That looks like a lot of tractor and functionality for the money.  That has to be undervalued.  Diggin the little front 2pt.  Looks to have hydraulic capabilities as well.

#5 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 11:39 AM

I agree completely!! There was one for sale about 10 miles west of me at about that price and I was interested. But passed after I had investigated and found Honda had pulled all parts support on those units in the states.  Like OKieGT said you would need a couple spares for parts. I have only seen the one, so wonder how far one would have to go to find others? I do recall seeing them new in the Northern Tool Store in Des Moines and liked their looks then too. I bought my Ford because New Holland still supplies parts for the Fords and there is a dealer about 15 miles from me.

Edited by JD DANNELS, January 02, 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#6 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 11:43 AM

WOW!  That looks like a lot of tractor and functionality for the money.  That has to be undervalued.  Diggin the little front 2pt.  Looks to have hydraulic capabilities as well.

I do not know why the Front hitch never caught on in the North America? Surfing the Net they are pretty comon and popular in Europe.

#7 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 11:45 AM

I do not know why the Front hitch never caught on in the North America? Surfing the Net they are pretty comon and popular in Europe.

and so are rear discharge decks and baggers which only make sense, maybe that's why American companies don't build them

#8 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 12:26 PM

Very fair price on that. Would like to own one of those.

#9 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 01:03 PM

and so are rear discharge decks and baggers which only make sense, maybe that's why American companies don't build them

Actually Wheel Horse made a big deal in advertizing their rear Discharge Deck. A Feature that was both sworn by and at by it's users?

Edited by JD DANNELS, January 02, 2014 - 01:04 PM.

#10 Kurtee OFFLINE  

Kurtee

• Member No: 7561
  • 463 Thanks
  • 415 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 02:17 PM

Excellent price on that. If it was closer I would be hard pressed to not buy it. I already have one and a second would be nice. Parts have not been a problem. There are several sources online to order new parts of which I use boats.net. The parts breakdown is online and I just pick what I need and order with a credit card. Tires is an issue with the 4 wheel drive but they can still be had form Honda. It is an 8 speed gear drive tractor. I have a 12" plow and it pulls that at idle in 4th. It handles the 42" blower very well. After using the 5518 I find it hard to look at the Cub Cadet to do any serious work. I had an RT5000 until I bought the Kubota when my child bride told me I can't have 3 tractors. She forgot the old Cub Cadet 70. And my space is limited. Have since accumulated an Allis Chalmers 200 with snowblower and a place to store it so that might learn her. Anyway the 5518 pictured is a good tool. Take the deck off and use it for the tiller and other stuff. The decks are a real pain to switch on and off these. Mine went in the shed and I figure to never put it back on.  

Kurtee

http://rugwire.com/honda/

for more info

Edited by Kurtee, January 02, 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#11 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 02:39 PM

Actually Wheel Horse made a big deal in advertizing their rear Discharge Deck. A Feature that was both sworn by and at by it's users?

I have a Massey 1450 with a rear discharge, it works much better than any side discharge, you can cut from any direction and pull a sweeper if you want. I've seen quite a few Wheel Horses with rear discharge, but no Cubs, Deere's, Allis, Simplicity's, etc

#12 BowlBuilder OFFLINE  

BowlBuilder

• Member No: 8169
  • 441 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 05:17 AM

Case/Ingersoll made a rear discharge deck.  Some like 'em, some don't.

#13 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,237 Thanks
  • 28,598 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 06:22 AM

Just now saw this post, wish we had a pic so we could see what the discussion was about.
Edit, I copied the pic from Kurtee's posted link (good read BTW) and added it to the OP. anyone remember what they were selling it for?