11 replies to this topic

#1 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 01, 2014 - 10:25 PM

Man I never even guessed I'd find a Allis OEM snow blower with the mule drive and all the parts for my 416 for 75.00, or the rare 50lb Allis wheel weights for 100.00. Crazy paying 25.00 more for weights than a blower

Attached Thumbnails

• Allis 400 series blower.JPG
  • DSCF3475.JPG

Edited by OkieGt, January 01, 2014 - 10:27 PM.

• Gtractor, hamman and GlenPettit have said thanks

#2 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,631 Thanks
  • 3,922 posts

Posted January 01, 2014 - 11:52 PM

Now THAT'S a score!!!!  :thumbs:

#3 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 05:01 AM

You are a lucky fellow! Good find!

#4 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 05:11 AM

Very nice! Up here I would be hard pressed to GET $75 out of that blower. With the limited # of machines it fits, and the flooded blower market here, they go very very cheap. The weights are a different story all together...if I saw them for double what you paid they would sell day 1. Cant say I have heard of them....wouldn't even know they were oem AC. Neat find!

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,332 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 05:36 AM

Congrats, nice to have attachments.

#6 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 08:23 AM

Very nice! Up here I would be hard pressed to GET $75 out of that blower. With the limited # of machines it fits, and the flooded blower market here, they go very very cheap. The weights are a different story all together...if I saw them for double what you paid they would sell day 1. Cant say I have heard of them....wouldn't even know they were oem AC. Neat find!

The sad thing is that the fewer the tractors built, the less interest there is in them. I mean Cub and Deere built tmillions of GTs and they have huge followings, Amigo, Bush Hog, and Speedex, built very few, so they have a very limited number of followers. Of the name brand machines this is epecially true about the Allis 300 and 400 series, one was made 2-3 years the other one year, with less than a few thousand built each model. The Massey MF-14s and Massey MF-16s may be the best example of this, with the exception that they have attained somewhat of a cult status, By the way I also have the 540 PTO grain auger for the Allis 400 series as well

#7 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 08:46 AM

Wow.  Those weights look rather beefy.  What do they weigh?

It sounds like this year, the blower might actually be useful in Oklahoma. :thumbs:

#8 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 09:02 AM

Wow.  Those weights look rather beefy.  What do they weigh?

It sounds like this year, the blower might actually be useful in Oklahoma. :thumbs:

50 pounds each, We got a dusting of snow last night and the same a few weeks ago, that's been it for snow around here, in fact there have been only a few days that wasn't Tshirt weather to me (mid 40s to low 70s).

Edited by OkieGt, January 02, 2014 - 09:03 AM.

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#9 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 09:58 AM

So true...I've been one to pass on neat stuff for the 3/400's, simply because finding a tractor to use them with is harder than finding the attachments themselves it seems.  They are out there, but all too often, abused or rotted.  I drove after a 416H a few weeks back, and boy, oh boy, was it a mess in person.  I wanted to take it, just to save it, but it wasn't economical.

The sad thing is that the fewer the tractors built, the less interest there is in them.

• OkieGt said thank you

#10 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 604 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 10:09 AM

Okie, where the heck did you find the wheel weights??

I have been trying to find some for a while now for my Allis with no luck at all.

• OkieGt said thank you

#11 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 10:16 AM

"I wanted to take it, just to save it, but it wasn't economical." Just like finding a good hunting dog. anyone can acquire a cur dog, they don't move and are easy to bring home. A well heeled and taken of champion is not likely or easily acquired, because their owners honor and respect them. I can never turn a untrained unrespected dog into a champion, and neither can you take an abused tractor and make it a nice machine, at least not without more money than sense 

#12 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 10:41 AM

Okie, where the heck did you find the wheel weights??

I have been trying to find some for a while now for my Allis with no luck at all.

I have 4 pair of wheel weights for Allis tractors, 3 for Massey tractors, and 1 for an Ariens GT, all cast iron, none I bought locally. I use a search system that includes Craigslist, Search Tempest, and Google to find the latest ads to what I'm looking for. I have to ship them, but if I want them and I can afford them, I have to buy them, They aren't going to ring my door and say "I'm yours". The snow blower came from Wisconsin, the 50lbs weights came from Indiana

Edited by OkieGt, January 02, 2014 - 10:42 AM.