19 replies to this topic

#16 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 01, 2014 - 08:15 PM

Yup the movies are spendy, but its "entertainment" so folks dont seem to mind forkin over that coin. Good thing there are others out there going cause they would starve waitin for me to show up.

What I paid for those movie tickets and snacks we could of bought 4 tickets to kennywood (amusement park)
  • hamman said thank you

#17 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,767 Thanks
  • 7,534 posts

Posted January 01, 2014 - 08:16 PM

Glad you brought up the bed bug thing. After movies we had to clean the theater, and spray the seats with a light spray of commercial dissenfectant. Then and only then was it good enough for the next audience to enter. We had movies 7 nights a week. Wed had two, Fri, Sat and Sunday had afternoon matinee and two nightly showings. I got paid $2:00 an hour to work there. that was 1965 -66- and 67.    Roger.

You were doing well. My first legal job was at Mac Donalds in 67 for $1.65 per hour. But, a 24 qt case of oil was $8 and gas was $0.25 per gallon. Good Luck, Rick

• hamman said thank you

#18 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted January 01, 2014 - 10:03 PM

Yup the movies are spendy, but its "entertainment" so folks dont seem to mind forkin over that coin.  Good thing there are others out there going cause they would starve waitin for me to show up.

Cost me 300 bucks for a big screen and a projector to plug into my stereo.. that wont take long to earn back at the prices up here.. 16 bucks a ticket and the goodies.. well.. they can stuff it. im staying home where i can hit pause.. go pee get another drink and come back to the movie

• boyscout862 said thank you

#19 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted January 01, 2014 - 10:05 PM

Cost me 300 bucks for a big screen and a projector to plug into my stereo.. that wont take long to earn back at the prices up here.. 16 bucks a ticket and the goodies.. well.. they can stuff it. im staying home where i can hit pause.. go pee get another drink and come back to the movie

And your popcorn wont be stale and the soda wont be flat!

• boyscout862 and Team_Green have said thanks

#20 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted January 01, 2014 - 10:07 PM

And your popcorn wont be stale and the soda wont be flat!

no bed bugs and no one screaming but my wife cause i picked a scary movie hahahaha

• boyscout862 said thank you