Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

My Cub Cadet 147 finally has wheel weights.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 09:36 PM

We had a pretty good couple of days in the garage. While they were not full days we still got a couple of hours in there. We got a lot done which will be spread across a couple of different threads.

I got a set of wheel weights for my Cub Cadet 147 from member bhts. I posted a wanted ad in the GTtalk Classifieds and bhts contacted me and we worked out a deal. I feel bad for our mail lady, they were both in one large flat rate box :D

I was able to sandblast and paint them before mounting. It was a little chilly and windy out when I sandblasted but it was worth it. I don't have my tank setup yet for electrolysis or I would have rather of used that method to clean them up.

I unbolted the wheels and sat them on the saw bucks to mount the weights on first since Cub Cadet weights are open in the center which gives enough room to get the lug nuts back in. I would rather do it that way then to try to hold the weight up to the wheel and then get the carriage bolts through.

I also got the lift bracket made so I could use the snow blade on the 147. I think she will do pretty good. I like having the power lift on the blade. The wheel weights surprisingly are heavy enough that it takes the rough ride out of the ag tires.

I think I would like to get two more sets of weights in the near future since the Cub Cadet weights are stackable. :D

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0086.jpg
  • DSC_0120.jpg
  • DSC_0088.jpg
  • DSC_0122.jpg
  • DSC_0119.jpg

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 09:40 PM

Looks like you had a very productive weekend with the Garden tractors :thumbs:

#3 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 09:51 PM

Looking good George, extra weight makes a difference I leave mine on all year long, how heavy yours?
I've been looking for another set of iron weights myself but so far no luck. Missed out on a set of Massey 2 piece iron weights for $30. they were 3 hr drive away.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 10:07 PM

Looking good George, extra weight makes a difference I leave mine on all year long, how heavy yours?
I've been looking for another set of iron weights myself but so far no luck. Missed out on a set of Massey 2 piece iron weights for $30. they were 3 hr drive away.

I think they are 25lbs a piece. I am not a 100% sure though. I would love to get a set of two piece weights for the Massey. The only ones I have seen recently the guy wanted $250 for the set of 4 pieces. I never knew cast iron was going for the price of gold but I guess with them getting harder and harder to find people are paying the prices.

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,242 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 10:15 PM

I think they are 25lbs a piece. I am not a 100% sure though.

I have an identical set & they are 26 & 27#.

#6 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 10:51 PM

Hey those look alot better then when they left.Looks good on the tractor.I belive those were the 26 pounders and the also made a 33 or 36 pounder.

#7 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 11:38 PM

Those look very good on there George! I have a set of those myself, But mine were painted the cream color like your hood. What is written on the one on the left in the picture? The ones that I have just have the IH logo on them. BTW, I have an almost identical set that have a JD on them. Same casting, different engravings.

#8 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 12:04 AM

Those look very good on there George! I have a set of those myself, But mine were painted the cream color like your hood. What is written on the one on the left in the picture? The ones that I have just have the IH logo on them. BTW, I have an almost identical set that have a JD on them. Same casting, different engravings.

Funny thing is as long as i had them never noticed the writing on them so i would like to know also.

#9 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 04:15 AM

We had a pretty good couple of days in the garage. While they were not full days we still got a couple of hours in there. We got a lot done which will be spread across a couple of different threads.

I got a set of wheel weights for my Cub Cadet 147 from member bhts. I posted a wanted ad in the GTtalk Classifieds and bhts contacted me and we worked out a deal. I feel bad for our mail lady, they were both in one large flat rate box :D

I was able to sandblast and paint them before mounting. It was a little chilly and windy out when I sandblasted but it was worth it. I don't have my tank setup yet for electrolysis or I would have rather of used that method to clean them up.

I unbolted the wheels and sat them on the saw bucks to mount the weights on first since Cub Cadet weights are open in the center which gives enough room to get the lug nuts back in. I would rather do it that way then to try to hold the weight up to the wheel and then get the carriage bolts through.

I also got the lift bracket made so I could use the snow blade on the 147. I think she will do pretty good. I like having the power lift on the blade. The wheel weights surprisingly are heavy enough that it takes the rough ride out of the ag tires.

I think I would like to get two more sets of weights in the near future since the Cub Cadet weights are stackable. :D

George,

The Cub looks great, nice job on the wieghts.

Brian

#10 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 07:08 AM

That sure does look nice George.:thumbs:

#11 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 08:21 AM

I couldn't make out the numbers that are on them so I don't know if it might be a casting number or something different. They both have the IH logo which I think I might highlight in white and a red dot. They both also have an L stamped in them.

#12 onan302 OFFLINE  

onan302

• Member No: 1006
  • 4 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted December 27, 2010 - 05:32 PM

wow il ltell you what that 147 looks cool!

#13 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,242 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted December 27, 2010 - 05:55 PM

They both also have an L stamped in them.

Boy, I hope you didn't put one of those on the Right wheel. :poke:

(I'm just kidding guys)

#14 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 27, 2010 - 06:33 PM

Boy, I hope you didn't put one of those on the Right wheel. :poke:

(I'm just kidding guys)

I mounted it backwards to be proper :p

#15 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 27, 2010 - 06:36 PM

I am still torn on whether or not I want to put decals on it. I originally didn't want to but after seeing Mike's Cub 147 at the Fawn Grove show with the decals on it I thought it looked pretty sharp.

I want to get a new dash tin for it as well. I would also like to put a set of Carlisle True Powers on it. They are Nancos on it now which were on it when I bought it and they are not a bad tire, I just like the more squared off look on the shoulder of the Carlisles.