• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 12:16 AM

Ryan, Do you happen to have a couple sheets of Insul-board that you can make a 4'X4' box and put a small portable heater in? It wouldn't take much heat in a box like that to dry them and you wouldn't have to heat the garage.

#17 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 02:05 PM

Ryan, Do you happen to have a couple sheets of Insul-board that you can make a 4'X4' box and put a small portable heater in? It wouldn't take much heat in a box like that to dry them and you wouldn't have to heat the garage.

No I don't, but that is a great idea! I will check with Neighbor Herby, he might have something like that.

#18 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 07:45 PM

Herby wasn't home, so I decided to just stick them into the shed with a propane heater. I hung them with a piece of wire from a length of square tubing that I put across the width of the shed. The heater had no problem heating the shed up. After 4 hours in the shed I figured the smell would be gone enough that I could put them in the basement to conserve propane. Tomorrow I will put them back in the shed and give them another coat.

Before you guys tan my hide, all of those gas cans have been empty for years (and I double checked to be sure. I also took all of the oil based paint out.

D9842ACA-4CF2-4164-89E0-826301C0C6B9.jpg

#19 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 05, 2014 - 07:13 PM

I have 4 coats of paint on the wheels now, and I don't think they will need another. I will give the paint a couple days to harden up by the Woodstove and mount the tires. The original tires where 6.00-16 but all I have is a set of 8.00-16 off of a power king. I wonder if I should buy a set of the original size to put on it? What do you guys think?