• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 scouter16 OFFLINE  

scouter16

• Member No: 5314
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted August 03, 2011 - 09:31 PM

Yeah I love the T16H I grew up on one. When my grandfather passed, I was given his. It was the tractor that I first learned how to drive, and run by myself. I am looking for another one just to have, because i love them so much. I have rewired it, and had a new carb put on it, they really are great little tractors.
  • hamman said thank you

#17 acguy96 OFFLINE  

acguy96

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5431
  • 26 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted August 10, 2011 - 06:31 PM

According to Simple Tractors,
Allis-Chalmers made a T16H and Simplicity made a different T16H.
This link explains the similarities and differences between the Simplicity and Homelite tractors.The Simplicity models that are similar to the Homelite models should be easier to find parts for than the Homelite models.
  • hamman said thank you

#18 BLUE DREAM OFFLINE  

BLUE DREAM
  • Member No: 55513
  • 2 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted March 08, 2015 - 03:44 AM

hi i am looking for a carb for my t-13 any leads???

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4676.JPG
  • IMG_4677.JPG
  • IMG_4678.JPG
  • IMG_4679.JPG
  • IMG_4680.JPG
  • IMG_4681.JPG
  • IMG_4682.JPG
  • IMG_4683.JPG
  • IMG_4684.JPG

Edited by BLUE DREAM, March 09, 2015 - 06:21 PM.

• hamman said thank you

#19 Cjet69 ONLINE  

Cjet69
  • Member No: 68442
  • 183 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 12:28 PM

I picked up this CT-10 from my cousin a while back.  Had to dig it out of some tall grass and drain the water out of everything, but it looks like I can save it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_1641 (Medium).JPG
  • 100_1642 (Medium).JPG
  • 100_1643 (Medium).JPG
  • 100_1734 (Medium).JPG
  • 100_1735 (Medium).JPG
  • 100_1736 (Medium).JPG

• hamman, KennyP, Rock farmer and 2 others have said thanks

#20 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,626 Thanks
  • 2,579 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 07:35 AM

Wow ! Tiller and all ! Glad to see a tractor like that rescued. Make sure you change all the fluids and grease up the tiller. Show us how it goes as you work on it. Will be watching for updates.                          Thanks for sharing.                                                                                                                          Roger

#21 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 09:24 AM

I feel obliged to share the Homelite cart I picked up last weekend.  I'm a big fan of the Simplicity built carts, and can't say I've found a Homelite variety before.

20150330_190632.jpg20150330_220958.jpg20150330_221036.jpg

Even the Boss likes it!

20150331_184444.jpg

• KennyP, sacsr and Cjet69 have said thanks

#22 Cjet69 ONLINE  

Cjet69
  • Member No: 68442
  • 183 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 12:29 PM

I like it. That has to be a pretty rare find, mrgreen.

#23 cwebbyrun OFFLINE  

cwebbyrun
  • Member No: 67192
  • 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted April 07, 2015 - 04:31 PM

This is my first post. I am the proud owner of a Homelite T10. I added a photo of it, in my profile.  I was lucky enough to pick this up from the original owner, who purchased in the early to mid 70's.  I am in the middle of a restoration project on this tractor. I want to share some of the photos of the restoration with the forum, as I progress and I am sure that I will need some advice.  I will upload pictures as my I progress with the tractor!!!

• KennyP said thank you

#24 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 948 posts

Posted April 07, 2015 - 04:39 PM

I did not know they made tractors...nice looking unit...I did come home with a circa 1958 Homelite generator from the scrapyard a couple years ago...cleaned out the fuel lines and tank and it fired right up with fresh fuel,,, 

Edited by Jazz, April 07, 2015 - 04:52 PM.

• cwebbyrun said thank you

#25 cwebbyrun OFFLINE  

cwebbyrun
  • 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 07:31 AM

I don't know if this is the right spot to ask the question but I want to start posting some photos of my restoration and I cannot figure out how to post photos?

thank you

#26 cwebbyrun OFFLINE  

cwebbyrun
  • 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 07:42 AM

When I figure out how to post the photos I will start posting them. But I have become hooked on small engines in my adult life.  And this garden tractor project is the phase 1 of my plan to eventually step up to homeowner size tractor that I can use for food plots and any other need I would have on the property.

I purchase the Homelite T10 from a coworker of mine's mother. It was his father's tractor, and he has since passed. It has been sitting behind the family garage for years and was just wasting away.  They basically gave it to me. It came with mowerdeck, snow plow with hand directions controls and an under belly blade for grading. As I mentioned in an earlier post, it was the original owner.

When I picked it, for a goof we put a charger to it, hit he key, and it fired up!  It ran perfect. Until I put it in gear and started moving it, then the gunk, varnish, water and watever else was in the gase got moving then it died.  We pushed it on the trailer, and it basically sat in the garage thru the long cold Michigan winter.

Several weeks ago, I got it out, I drained all of the fluids gas and oil.  I replaced the gas lines Added an inline filter and shut off, cleaned the tank, put some new gas in it. And it fired right up and ran great (I didn't even touch the carb). It is incredible how well this thing runs for sitting for so long.

OK the reason I joined this forum is I am going to need some help when get to a couple parts of my project. This tractor is a T-10. I think the T stands for Trans axle. The drive on this tractor is not like anything I am familar with. I may need some help with the back half of this thing!! Lots of moving parts!

Stay tuned.

#27 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 11:24 AM

would love to see what you have, and we can certainly help. sounds like you have a real nice packets to start playing with.. it is probably a 3 speed or variable speed tractor. I cannot recall if they put 6 speeds in those or not.

the letter T stands for tractor. The other models had different prefixes to their model name such as CT for compact tractor, RM or riding mower, and RE which stood for rear engine.

#28 cwebbyrun OFFLINE  

cwebbyrun
  • 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted April 29, 2015 - 07:13 PM

well i have my old T10 painted changed the drive belt and belt for the mower deck and put back together. It looks like a million bucks. I was ready to commission it and start to use it for some lawn tasks. The last thing that I needed to add was a seat. I was going to purchase a very cheap seat from TSC, however my neighbor gave me a brand new swivel fishing seat. The holes matched up perfect, so I got the seat mounted and was ready to go.

Now comes the problem. The tractor fired up and idled perfectly, I started my shake down in first gear, and drove over to the chain grocery store I live near. First gear was fine, second gear was fine. I wasn't able to get into third. I tried to slam it in third, let out the clutch and it was in reverse. And it is staying in reverse. I had to drive back to my house in reverse. I am worried that a transmission may be beyond my skill set!!!

Any advice???

#29 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted April 30, 2015 - 11:14 PM

hi i am looking for a carb for my t-13 any leads???

They are available from online parts houses but be advised that they are pricey.

#30 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted April 30, 2015 - 11:27 PM

Sounds like you popped the pin off your shifter. Time for the ole Bent screwdriver trick. BTW, I would never advise jamming into gear. The simplicity transmission doesn't tolerate slamming the shifter. If you have a Vari-drive they can be a bit troublesome. I would advise getting a manual for Simplicity similar to your homelite despite the fact it is made by AC and follow the directions for adjusting the brake and clutch since they will be the same.