OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 02:14 PM

... OldBuzzard, how do you come by all of your attachments?  A little at a time over years and years?

--Eric

I started collecting in 2011.

Some came with tractors, others I just happened to stumble upon, and others I searched for.

I'll have to say that I've been blessed with a LOT of luck in finding the rare ones.

I'm retired and have a wife that LOVES to travel, so that is a huge plus as well.

I've travelled as far west as Des Moines IA, as far North as Central WI, North and East as far as Syracuse, NY. and South and East, I've been to MA, SC and VA.

Just this year alone, we logged right at 10K miles in the HMS Rainmaker.

• GlenPettit said thank you

#17 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,810 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 06:03 PM

I know this is an old thread but here goes,  I work in a steel mill and get all my wheel weight's from there, they scrap all the old burnout parts and pieces.  all you need to do is go down and tell them what you need they should sell you what you need for scrap value.  You may need to wait a little bit for the rite drop to show up but cheap is cheap. 

I have a pile of 1" thick steel burnouts here that are about 12.75"in diameter, they fit just inside of the rim on the beadlock surface.  I would sell them for $40 a set, they are maybe 40lbs each, only trouble is the shipping from here to there can get expensive.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted, snapper massey 1855 12 8