Ignition switch is a shocker
Posted December 25, 2010 - 02:04 PM
Posted December 25, 2010 - 02:29 PM
Posted December 25, 2010 - 08:44 PM
I would be sure there is a solid ground connection from the body of the switch to frame.
It's the path of least resistance. If there is less resistance where you're touching the wire - then thru you - then to ground: wham.
I'm wondering if you had your hand resting on the block & the switch isn't grounded well. You would provide some of the ground path needed. IE: mild to medium shock
If it was an "ouch" or "huh" shock, I'd say this was the case... if it was an "%*&$^%$#*^%~" SHOCK, then I'd say you have a bad spot in the plug wire.
Posted December 26, 2010 - 02:41 PM
Posted December 26, 2010 - 08:34 PM
I ground the paint off the back side of the dash and all is good, and I have a great spark.
Glad to hear you got the problem solved