Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Help Me Out On Searching C-List

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 02:55 PM

OK, put craigslist .com in for getting there. Choose US.  Most times it just goes right to the Ft.Wayne, IN list where I have put things on in past. When you choose US, it shows States and major Cities that have listings.

So, here's what I want to ask first. Is there a link somewhere to just search ALL craigslist by search choice?  I used one for INDY and Lafayette, just lawn and garden tractors and below it lists some in close area of search too. OK, cool.   If one was looking for a rarer bird, then a whole US search might work better??  But, don't see where to do that..

Now, second question is....what is the Flag square over each post to do?  I hit a couple today and it changed to Thanks (not that again!), but not sure if it is saved somewhere for just me to look back too (which is what I wanted to do, kinda save it) or what is purpose. Where do I find those saves. I am registered as a user with an account, forgetting passwords mostly and rarely go to that. Will it be saved there if I open it up?  

I see a few tractors that I've seen pix of before, maybe even on this forum or a link to them. These are in IN I mean. Couple MTD's I might have to look into. One guy just wants calls, no email. I'ld rather email, keeps Wife from knowing. Have to wait for here to leave now, I guess!

#2 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 02:56 PM

Check out www.searchtempest.com

I like using it. Found my Avion travel trailer (in Michigan!!) using it.

Edited by nra1ifer, December 29, 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#3 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 03:02 PM

I believe the "flag" is for flagging as spam.

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 03:22 PM

Flag is you telling CL that the post is a bad one or spam or illegal items.
You can favorite them and go back later.

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 04:18 PM

Oops! Flagged a couple that should have saved then. Hmmmm!  Have to look again for the Save.  Tried some log-ins, no luck yet. Seems everytime I go there, it is diff page to do things on. Confused!

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 04:22 PM

A lot of portable devices have an app available called Craigslist Times. .99 for apple.

It does just what you ask of it. You can search certain cities as a default, set searches, etc. I just got it and really like it.

You can delete ads (and all duplicates) you can save ads as favorites easily (also circles duplicate posts)

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#7 BowlBuilder OFFLINE  

BowlBuilder

• Member No: 8169
  • 446 Thanks
  • 427 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 04:44 PM

I'll second that.

#8 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 04:46 PM

Cool 81!   I just got a Kindle Fire HD, but probly not much offered for it, I bet. Kinda limited on what they do. Might have to look tho. It's tough being a Puter Dummy like me and get this stuff figured out.  Good thing Puter using is in classes in school now.

#9 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 05:27 PM

OK, put in your link. Got a page, looks like you can search right off that?  Tried to download it and not sure was finished or what? Seems I've got lots of pop-up junk coming now. I do see the info saying I would get these offers and up to me to use or not?  I've chosen NO to download ones so far. Hope that stops. Maybe should just put that site in as a place to go and search instead? 

#10 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 05:48 PM

Yes, it's good to use as a search engine for Craigslist and/or EBay. On the main page, enter your zip code, the mile radius you'd like to search, put in your search argument, select the section of CL you'd like to search, then "search". When the results get posted, on the right side, down a ways, it'll say "hide ads for a month"... that's always a good one to click! And, if pop-ups are a problem, go in to your browser settings and turn them off. I have that turned off, so I haven't been bothered by that.

I have noticed that some brand new postings on CL might not show up on SearchTempest, and, expired and/or removed postings will stil show in the search results.

Feel free to ask, if you have any more questions. Maybe we'll have an answer!

#11 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 06:32 PM

Cool 81!   I just got a Kindle Fire HD, but probly not much offered for it, I bet. Kinda limited on what they do. Might have to look tho. It's tough being a Puter Dummy like me and get this stuff figured out.  Good thing Puter using is in classes in school now.

On the kindle fire hd it's called "Craigslist by Lifelike Apps"

#12 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 08:00 PM

Just a note.  The guy who came up with the SearchTempest site is a GT fan.  He's a member at MTF and used to come on regularly to answer questions about using ST.

#13 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 02:11 AM

81 found the app and 2 more for it, but no good reviews about any of them. Not sure I'll try. The epay one works good, have used that for looking at least. Haven't done much with putting on an add say.

#14 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 06:07 AM

They must be a release or so back. One of the lat updates for the iPad was a real stinker and it took them a while to get it fixed up.

Maybe the next release will be better for the kindle? Anyways, happy hunting.

#15 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 09:14 AM

I very well may have been the world's biggest skeptic on Craig List? But when I was looking for a Compact Tractor I started searching Craig List "Des Moines" (it takes in most of Central Iowa) for about 2 weeks. My reason was that transporting a 2,000 lb or more, tractor any great distance was going to get expensive and cut into my buying power based on my budget.   My money comes hard enough I'm not one to buy something I can not actually look over and drive to be sure it's right. I was in the process of aranging to look at 2 Kubota 3200's when I ran across the Ford 1500 about 70 miles out( just north of the town where my paternal grandparents are buried). I took my parents along to go look at it. As I pulled into the driveway and saw it sitting I turned to my Dad and said "That's what I'm looking for".  Bought it that day( I think Dad was as excited as I was) and picked it up ( using Dad's pickup and 16 ft trailer) and brought it home the next day. Overall it was a very good experience. And I would not hesitate to do it again.

Edited by JD DANNELS, December 30, 2013 - 09:24 AM.