#1 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 12:36 PM

My wife was talking to some friends this morning, wishing them a Merry Christmas. Her friend told her that she and her husband had been splitting wood together. My wife thought that would be a good idea for US to do. I mentioned that I would guess that her friend (the wife) wasn't out there swinging a splitting maul like I do (but then again, you never know!). I suggested that if WE were going to do that, she needed to get me a hydraulic splitter so WE could do that together. She also had to remind me that I am getting older and won't be able to split wood with a maul forever.

So, we'll see. Maybe I'll get a hydraulic splitter sometime in the near future. Then, she'll figure out that splitting wood, even with a hydraulic splitter, is a lot of work, then I'll be back to doing it myself, WITH a hydraulic splitter.

(I have a similar story of how I obtained a power washer earlier this year....)

#2 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 01:03 PM

My wife helped us cut wood once. She was a little nervous about the splitter, but terrified of the chainsaws.

A few years later she came with me to haul wood for a guy that did it commercially. He'd built a hydraulic machine that cut and split it all at once. Henry would cut and split the wood and I'd pile it with the loader. When there was a delivery, I'd load it in my truck with the loader too. My wife was about white with fear when she saw he operation, sure that we going to get killed. It was about the safest wood-cutting operation I've ever seen though.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,608 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 05:35 PM

Most seeds come to be a bearing plant the same way.
Don't forget to fertilize (BS works well), water (fluidly work it into conversations with her), and plenty of sunlight... (mention to ALL her friends how much you're looking forward to working with her... and the splitter).

Happy growing!