coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 08:35 AM

I dont usually make new years resolutions, but while I was working in the shop yesterday I got to thinking about the New Year coming up. I got to looking at all the parts and pieces I have acquired and thinking about all the projects that I wanted to do and havent had time for. So I decided to make a resolution for the New Year, I am not going to worry about acquiring new Tractors, instead I am going to actually work on the projects I have thought about. I am also going to work on what I have, to get it running and in the best shape it an be. I have plenty of stuff to do and plenty of little things to fix. So thats my resolution for for 2014.

(Yall just dont make me find too good of a deal on a tractor :D)

• MH81, IamSherwood, sacsr and 5 others have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,787 Thanks
  • 7,540 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 08:58 AM

I came to the same idea this fall. Unfortunately, "if its for free, its for me" is one of my mottos. So, I may still get more. I've lost count, but in the last 20 years I been given more than 50 LTs and dozens of other equipment. In an effort to make the work easier, I got a tent garage for Christmas. More room makes the work easier. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, December 29, 2013 - 12:42 PM.

• coldone, sacsr, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#3 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 10:27 AM

I dont usually make new years resolutions, but while I was working in the shop yesterday I got to thinking about the New Year coming up. I got to looking at all the parts and pieces I have acquired and thinking about all the projects that I wanted to do and havent had time for. So I decided to make a resolution for the New Year, I am not going to worry about acquiring new Tractors, instead I am going to actually work on the projects I have thought about. I am also going to work on what I have, to get it running and in the best shape it an be. I have plenty of stuff to do and plenty of little things to fix. So thats my resolution for for 2014.

Yeah Ok.

Thanks for the heads up. Really, what you're saying here, is that

we'll be busy around here, helping you with your "No GT Buying" withdrawal

issues, come spring time.

Why don't you just save yourself, and us a whole pile of grief, and scrap this plan.

It can't be done. It's been tried before, and if you think you've got enough

willpower in you to pull this off, than maybe you should consider putting it to

better use, and join a circus and bend spoons with your mind.

:D  :poke:  :poke:  :D  :D

J/K

Good plan. I should follow suit.

Best of luck with your resolution.

• coldone, Canawler, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,458 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 10:42 AM

I resolve.........

to not make any resolutions!

• coldone and Team_Green have said thanks

#5 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 11:13 AM

Yeah Ok.

Thanks for the heads up. Really, what you're saying here, is that

we'll be busy around here, helping you with your "No GT Buying" withdrawal

issues, come spring time.

Why don't you just save yourself, and us a whole pile of grief, and scrap this plan.

It can't be done. It's been tried before, and if you think you've got enough

willpower in you to pull this off, than maybe you should consider putting it to

better use, and join a circus and bend spoons with your mind.

:D  :poke:  :poke:  :D  :D

J/K

Good plan. I should follow suit.

Best of luck with your resolution.

Hey I have a start, didnt buy any tractors during 2013. I  actually sold 2! But I still cruised ebay and CL looking for the next great deal. I found a few but couldnt part with the money, when I had the money i couldnt find a great deal.  I did get one thing given to me during 2013, my FIL was going to scrap a C99 ditch witch. Its sitting in my shed waiting on some TLC, Thats what 2014 is gonna be for me, TLC for all my stuff.

• IamSherwood, Team_Green and oldedeeres have said thanks

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 01:12 PM

Well now let's see here.......2 summers ago said I was gonna fix up all the BIG MM's in the shop and not by anymore.  Well, did finish them this year and actually sold two. But, one showed up and wouldn't go away, so let it in shop. Takes up 1/3  of garage now. Then This summer I said NO MORE GT's  and gonna sell some, work on favorites.   Well sold a few, but lost tractors kept knocking on my door and couldn't turn them away.   SO.........This summer I'll repeat, gonna fix what I have now, not buy anymore, and sell a few.

Course this doesn't apply IF that one "special" one comes along.  Any Speedex, Big wheelhorse D's, Power Kings, etc.   Blame it on easy access like epay and craigslist, not ME!  Looking for the last ........"this is my last one" tractor  all the time, can't seem to find THAT One though, must be Rare! :(  :smilewink: 

#7 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,079 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 01:51 PM

Why make a goal I won't follow through

Someone told me that if you don't start anything you can fail at it!

#8 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 11:00 AM

Pfhhttt !!! It would be easier for me to make my feet smaller... That is a resolution that I haven't been able to keep even when I'm  not working a day job.

Not wanting you to fail, but now that you said this, you absolutely know "something" will come along :poke:

Good luck my friend. :deadhorse:

• coldone said thank you