Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Cleaning Up The Shop! Ahgggg!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 12:09 PM

20 years of working on aircraft in the Navy instilled in me to clean up after my self and to be able to account for all my tools.  A while back I was working on the truck and when I went to clean up I couldn't find a socket, it drove me nut's for about a week or so.  I finally found it on a self under the work bench laying on a sander.  Every once in a while I'll be to tired to clean up but the next time I'm in the shop the first thing I do is clean it up. 

• Alc said thank you

#17 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 01:01 PM

Municipalities used to hold periodic auctions of left over small , obsolete or otherwise not needed items . However the space storage proved to be a PITA and hiring someone to catalog and sell these items was break even at times . So mostly these items just disappear if the value is small and untitled . 

I threw away thousands of old oxidized parts more than 30 years from radios that are gone by that same amount of time . Truly not useable .  Still a packrat in other ways . Interesting definition of 4 legged packrat - some crossover meanings that are valid .

My renter for corn ground has agreed to mow hay for me with a 13 foot discbine . Beating on the the workbench to repair a knife section was a real PITA .Now just what to decide about the cats .

#18 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 01:45 PM

I found a box tonight.. 12 car stereos.. of course non of them are a twin post tape deck that i need...

I will look in my pile and see if I have one. I keep any of them I get in old cars that still work.
 You wanting a factory on or aftermarket.

#19 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 02:04 PM

Whooo hooo found my lathe on my bench..

I'd like to find a lathe on my work bench

#20 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 04:59 PM

I will look in my pile and see if I have one. I keep any of them I get in old cars that still work.
 You wanting a factory on or aftermarket.

I would love a twin post tape deck.. but if nothing else.. a am/fm radio would work..