coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 04:36 PM

Its that time again, cant move in it, cant find anything, forgot whats in what pile. Its time to clean her up and out. I know we all hate it and I am sure I ant the only one that swears "I will keep it cleaner and put every thing back when I am done with it" every time I clean up the shop. I got parts and pieces, past projects, future projects, and some projects I cant even remember what they were. Me and the shop have a love/hate relationship, I love to be out there working away and hate to have to clean it up afterwards. This is gonna take more than a single day, I will keep yall posted.

• Alc, hamman, JDBrian and 4 others have said thanks

#2 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 04:42 PM

Haha I just posted a thread on me organizing my wood working shop
  • hamman said thank you

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 04:50 PM

Its that time again, cant move in it, cant find anything, forgot whats in what pile. Its time to clean her up and out. I know we all hate it and I am sure I ant the only one that swears "I will keep it cleaner and put every thing back when I am done with it" every time I clean up the shop. I got parts and pieces, past projects, future projects, and some projects I cant even remember what they were. Me and the shop have a love/hate relationship, I love to be out there working away and hate to have to clean it up afterwards. This is gonna take more than a single day, I will keep yall posted.

I managed to get mine cleaned up before Christmas. It took a loooong time to put everything away. I hadn't cleaned it properly in months and as you say stuff piled up everywhere.  Parts from repairs, JD317 parts, a burnt out HRV fan assembly from the church, wood scraps, nails, screws, bolts, paint, tools laying all over the place and the list goes on. It's cleanish now but has already started to clutter up. A potential New Years resolution maybe?

• hamman and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 05:30 PM

Your not alone.. day four for me. 

• hamman said thank you

#5 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 05:32 PM

A potential New Years resolution maybe?

:wallbanging:  

I need more storage to make that happen.. More drawers for tools and more shelving in my shed to keep all the oils and such outta the shop outta my way. I would love to build a covered metal rack..

• hamman said thank you

#6 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 05:51 PM

I hear ya man....mine's a disaster!

• hamman said thank you

#7 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,699 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 06:04 PM

Mine usually stays clean for about 45 minutes at a time it seems. Right now it looks like a toolbox exploded in it.

• JDBrian said thank you

#8 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 07:17 PM

Mine usually stays clean for about 45 minutes at a time it seems. Right now it looks like a toolbox exploded in it.

Yup mine too.

trying to get ahead on it,

no real progress so far.

#9 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,699 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 07:23 PM

A few months ago I bought a big box of misc tools. It was in a garden trailer sitting under the carport. Then it was in the way so it got rolled out and had a tarp tossed over it. Then it got forgotten. The tarp blew off and then it rained and filled the box up with water. When I realized what had happened we took all the tools out. Tossed what had been destroyed (there was some electronic stuff in there but nothing I am going to cry over loosing) and dried the rest of them and put them in a pile in the shop floor because it was starting to rain again. Almost a month later I still have a pile of tools in front of my workbench.

#10 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 01:20 AM

I found a box tonight.. 12 car stereos.. of course non of them are a twin post tape deck that i need...

• JDBrian said thank you

#11 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 07:17 AM

I found a box tonight.. 12 car stereos.. of course non of them are a twin post tape deck that i need...

Oh!, I have a box of those tucked away in my shop somewhere!  :wave:  :wave:

#12 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 08:05 AM

The forecast for today is Rain, all day. I will be hitting the shop again. I added one thing to the shop yesterday, the kids got a rock tumbler for christmas so I put that in the shop and we started tumbling our first small batch of rocks. I have to add one more thing also, Hunny Bunny bought me a nice reloading kit that I need to set up. I hope with the reloading kit in there it will make me want to keep the shop a little cleaner.

#13 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 10:08 AM

I have trouble keeping my bench clean. It ends up being a catch all for things that don't get put back.

#14 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 11:17 AM

The forecast for today is Rain, all day. I will be hitting the shop again. I added one thing to the shop yesterday, the kids got a rock tumbler for christmas so I put that in the shop and we started tumbling our first small batch of rocks. I have to add one more thing also, Hunny Bunny bought me a nice reloading kit that I need to set up. I hope with the reloading kit in there it will make me want to keep the shop a little cleaner.

Get enough towels to cover the set up if you leave it set up full time.. Its amazing the amount of dust that will settle on it.

#15 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 11:18 AM

Whooo hooo found my lathe on my bench..