• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 03:20 PM

I feel your pain. The worst pain I ever felt in my life of 59 years was getting a root canal when I was 15. The doc told me he had to drill down deep until I felt it & then he would know when to stop. He placed my hands on my chest & said when you feel pain to raise my index finger. I raised my finger alright along with my hand, forearm & shoulder. I hit him right in the jaw knocking him back somewhere behind me. Like you I haven't been back until last summer with a broke tooth that needed capped. That went very well. Hoping you get well soon & back to normal.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#17 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,850 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 04:00 PM

I hear you, brother! My one remaining tooth and I will be together until it falls out of it's own accord, lol.

#18 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 05:51 PM

OK, now you will really be OUT and not knowing the time or how to get to door after the surgeon!  Someone else has to take you home. Worst part of those deals is the bleeding and packing change. You will have big holes that collect food and feel weird for awhile. Some pain, but you get Great pain meds and that is neat!  AND, you will now have to WAIT to get in to surgeon and have to suffer thru that time.  This helping?  :poke:  :rolling: 

:wallbanging:  lol

Got my pills antibiotics pain killers and a steroid. Wont know when the surgery is till jan 2nd. Other ones are open but they dont accept my insurance. So gotta wait. She told me after the pills are started I should feel fine. I havemt eaten in 48 hours.

thanks for kind words and listening to me be a baby about the dentist

You will survive...  :thumbs:

#19 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 06:09 PM

Don't know if the pills are helping but now I'm going to the bathroom a lot and took a 3 hour nap woke up freezing and covered in sweat at the same time. Pretty fun!

Oh well going to suck it up and go out to Cabelas to spend my 50 dollar gift card.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#20 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 06:10 PM

Don't know if the pills are helping but now I'm going to the bathroom a lot and took a 3 hour nap woke up freezing and covered in sweat at the same time. Pretty fun!

Oh well going to suck it up and go out to Cabelas to spend my 50 dollar gift card.

Buying some big boy undies huh..  :poke:

• KennyP and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#21 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 06:29 PM

I even let my wife drive. After facing down one fear I might as well face down another!
  • MH81, IamSherwood, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#22 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 06:48 PM

Best of luck, lots of novacaine.

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 07:00 PM

Then you won't care about your wife's driving!

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#24 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 07:04 PM

Then you won't care about your wife's driving!

Well the pedestrians care....

#25 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 07:20 PM

Yes, the "gas" will do wonders for you.

#26 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 07:24 PM

Sounds like no fun at all.

About 3 years ago I had an infection in my gums and had to have them all pulled but 8. I was having an abscess every week. It was no fun at all. The

doc gave me one shot and asked how I felt and I didn't feel any different. He said you are a big guy lets give you another. HE did. Then he asked how I felt and I said I fee................................................................

Next thing I knew I was in a wheelchair in the hall. The nurses said they had a hard time getting me in chair because I wanted to leave. The got me out in the hall and I yelled, "wheeeeeeeeee" and started waving my hat around in the air.

Even on the antibiotics I was still infected and two days later my gums turned green. Steph took me to the ER and the doc came in and asked to see my gums. I have never seen an ER doc gag before.

• MH81 said thank you

#27 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 08:31 PM

Darn mbww! That sounds rough. ..

I'm feeling better. Got some food in my belly and about 8 glasses of orange soda with no ice down my throat. My wife looked at me when I came out of my man cave (I nap down there on the couch) and she said I was white as a ghost. She said my color is back now. Must be really infected.

#28 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 09:03 PM

I am not a big fan either.  I had the misfortune of breaking off both of my top front incisors in elementary school.  Multiple visits for the two root canals.  Posts inserted and the fake teeth changed a few times as I grew (not grew up, still waiting on that one :smilewink: ).  Mom had real good insurance so it was a frequent thing.

Fast forward to adult hood and I didn't go unless something hurt.  After we moved to the lake Kathy went in for one of her visits and while there updated her address, thought to have them update my address, and then said oh by the way... how long has it been for Greg?  Was over ten years, she made me go :shoot3: .  I think she may have violated my privacy but I decided it was better to go along.

#29 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 09:18 PM

I think they (dentists, hygienists) are all sadistic.

I've got a sensitive molar. Has been for 10+ years. I swear the

hygienist heads straight for it with her scraper, as soon as one

of her co-workers walks in the room. They like to see me cringe

and twitch in the chair. Weirdos.

Oh, I forgot to wish you, Good Luck!!

Edited by IamSherwood, December 27, 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#30 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 08:44 PM

I went thru something similar back around Labor Day. I too hadn't been to a dentist in over 10 years   due both to the creepy dentist my parents took us to and then 10 or so years ago  going in to have a couple pulled and leaving with an estimate of cost to have a couple more fixed, and that dentist said I could make my appt., once I had half the estimate amount on deposit at the office. Like THAT was able to happen... this past labor day weekend we went to a demo derby (spectators) and I was walking the grounds in pain, couldn't sit still... didn't care about the demo as much as I usually do so I went to the dentist kicking/screaming and was also referred to oral surgery

This dentist is a PITA constantly calls and texts me about having time to get me in now that problem is over... getting tired of it actually

Edited by dodge trucker, December 29, 2013 - 08:45 PM.