• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 04:43 PM

just a reminder to save you a headache, the first freeze up my diesel ran like crap, summer fuel so i added 2 bottles of coditioner, the next day it ran fine so i thought that was it, yesterday it ran like crap and died right in the middle of the drive way, 9000 lbs of hydro junk that i could not move, just left it there and enjoyed the day, today i go out it, check it over and i could not even turn the fuel filter/ seperators combos off, frozen solid, these filters were changed not long ago so i think on my last fill they must have been sucking off the bottom of the tank, so remember to drain your seperators and add extra conditioner, and buy diesel from a station with a good turn over, frozen water in your pumps can cost plenty to repair let alone the other issues that come with it. all the best farmer john

• hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 Bill 76 ONLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,060 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 05:23 PM

John sounds like your on a streak of bad luck---hope it changes soon and when it does buy a lottery ticket.

Is there anything colder than diesel fuel on bare hands in the winter--I haven't found anything worse.

• farmer john said thank you

#3 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 05:52 PM

To answer your question Bill my vote goes to brake parts cleaner...

John, I've been in the same boat as you. My truck just hasn't been happy with me lately, I'm reasonably certain it's fuel related so I just changed out the filters, drained the water separator, added more power service and I'm letting her sit in the shop for a while to thaw out and see if that helps.
  • Bill 76 said thank you

#4 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 07:02 PM

Sorry to hear about your "more grief" John.

I run this stuff in the Diesels all the time.

diesel water absorb.png

• farmer john and Bill 76 have said thanks

#5 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 07:53 PM

well i could say i have had my share of woes latley, but at least i have my health back,(and getting better every day) i have not felt this good in the last 3 yrs and i am only 2 weeks into treatment, if you dont have your health you have nothing. i can attest first hand to that as my daily life was pretty miserable, for my wife also i might add as i can be a little hard to get along with sometimes, ha ha ha!!!