• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,580 Thanks
  • 38,977 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 07:24 PM

If I can make it, I would be right proud to see you there again! Maybe you can take the FF for a spin!

#17 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,453 Thanks
  • 6,342 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 07:56 PM

Yeah, Wrong Grumpy I guess. Glad someone stepped in and figured that out for me!  Didn't have any idea what he was saying.  I have seen that Grumpy guy on here too. Didn't notice was from IN tho.  If you look at members, actually a lot of them with Grumpy in their names, most I haven't ever seen here.

#18 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,051 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 01:09 PM

I have a project list a mile long, and instead of chipping away at things on it, I add to it.  I really want to get going on my power steering install, or I'll never get around to it.  I have a Wards Squire that could/should run, if I could set aside an hour to tinker with the Briggs.  Then, I have a replacement pump to install on one of my hydrostats...leaks like a sieve, and I just keep on adding fluid to clear snow. 

Instead of taking care of any of those things, I peddled some items, and took 3 pallets to Fastenal today.  I have a new-to-me tractor coming up from IN tomorrow, which I don't have the tiem or room for (why!?), and then have some annual improvements to make to the golf cart before spring.  Of course, my wife will change all those plans, by issuing her own list! :wallbanging:

#19 TerryD OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5916
  • 132 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 01:32 PM

Been busy for us too since Thanksgiving. My FIL sent an old Homelite XL home with me for repairs when we were there last. When I started researching them I found they were a pretty good chainsaw for brush and trimming so I picked another up at a pawn shop for $10 thinking I would use it for parts. Come to find out all it needed was a carb cleaning. So, now I have two saws that need the side covers taken off to find and replace the leaking oil lines since both saws leak bar oil out of the case. I may as well replace the fuel lines while I'm in there. I'm sure they are rotten as well. Both saws are from the late 70's and early 80's when Homelite was still owned by Textron.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and we wish you a healthy and prosperous New Year.

#20 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,729 Thanks
  • 2,154 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 05:11 PM

I got a chance to work on the tractor , finalized the new upper links and got the snowblower remounted and ready for service. I don't get much shop time around holidays, so I have to take advantage.

IMG_0633.jpg IMG_0527.JPG

the left is what came on the tractor( no float ) , the middle is the final product (note the slot for floating) and the right is the closest thing I could buy at the local tractor shop.

Edited by TomLGT195, December 27, 2013 - 05:13 PM.