#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 02:54 PM

Kinda lonely around here lately. You Guy's must have Real Lives and are busy with Holidays and such?   I don't do SHOP things in winter, try to keep the spark going here and now not getting my "charge" from here.  I DO have some gifts I'm gonna show pix of once I get them loaded tho. Just for MY satisfaction, if not yours, ha!  Your probly saying "Get a Life" by now, so I'm outta here for now!   :sleep_sign: 

• hamman, TomLGT195 and T Guiles have said thanks

#2 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 03:21 PM

Yeah the day after a holiday is usually a " get the place back together day" we have the family over here. I make myself more work by breaking my snow plow today. The PO had cobbed it up with some chicken crap welds that didn't hold, and such is life. Looking forward to seeing your pic's tho. Thanks

• hamman and sacsr have said thanks

#3 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 03:22 PM

Been real busy here for me with Thanksgiving and Christmas. Going to have to finish a walkbehind snowblower tomorrow as soon as I get the parts from the small engine guy.  have a project in the garage to get done before spring, which id the mower deck I started las t spring for my Homelite. Been busy plowing and blowing snow since a week ago. Guess it's better than the ice and now power they got in southern michigan. Stay busy stay warm and hope you had a good Christmas and have a Happy New Year.   Roger.

#4 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 04:20 PM

Depending what I have going in the shop dictates how much time I can spend on here.  Right now is the slooooow season and I usually don't have anything coming in around the holidays.  Some time here shortly I should have a zero turn coming in with transmission problems.  A lot of folks had to go back to work today, plus like posted above there are a lot of other things to do.  I'm just being lazy.

• hamman said thank you

#5 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,627 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 04:25 PM

Even work days I will get on before work then at break time and lunch if I'm around the office . I'm not doing much other then honey dos for the wife . My SHOP time today was trying to get a cable unwrapped from a bumper winch that came off the drum , loosen brackets and the cable was sort of loose but still jamed got a backhoe operator to pull while I payed out he went too fast jaming the cable causing it to split winch apart past the internal keyways lol was stuck worse then when I start lol nothing a torch couldnt fix lost about 50 feet of cable. That was after the other crap I had to do . Take care Al
  • hamman said thank you

#6 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 04:32 PM

I've been tied up with lots of farm work & caring for Mom & Dad's needs.  I still read a lot & post every day though.  I just don't have much to report on as far as GT's lately.  If ya get tired of catching z's, come on down here & I will for sure put you to work!  :smilewink:

• HDWildBill said thank you

#7 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 04:45 PM

Pretty busy here! Rolled in the snow changing a tire in Walmart Parking lot Christmas Eve to discover the spare was flat and would not hold air. Christmas morning after getting the original tire seated back on the rim I changed it and got the Car home. This morning at 8:00 found out the local Walmart did not have tires to fit my Isuzu Axiom. Drove to Altoona and got a pair of tires and got to work 2 hrs late.

At least I have Vacation banked up so I won't loose my 2 days Holiday pay!

Still have to get the 1500 started after the fuel gelled in the -20 below temps the other night even though it had Power Service in it. That's a first in all the years I have owned diesels.  Sometimes your the Bug, Sometimes your the Windshield.

Maybe later this weekend I can spend some time on here, Probably won't be able to bleed the fuel lines on the tractor till Saturday but it is supose to be up to 40 degrees Saturday. ?

Like You Grumpy I don't do shop work in winter. But even the bible says when your donkey falls in the well, you have to get him out.

Edited by JD DANNELS, December 26, 2013 - 04:50 PM.

• Alc and sacsr have said thanks

#8 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 05:00 PM

I hear ya guys! I have not enjoyed the cold at all! I really want to get back to the dump tractor already!

Another problem with everybody inside is that nobody is breaking their equipment, and body needs any welding done right now!

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,485 Thanks
  • 39,719 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 06:01 PM

I've been busy cleaning the broken limbs from the yard!

#10 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 06:06 PM

But even the bible says when your donkey falls in the well, you have to get him out.

I thought it was something about "if your oxen are in the ditch" or something like that.  My oxen stay in the ditch it seems!   But if I find a cow in a well....it's staying there!  :smilewink:

#11 tex tractor jack OFFLINE  

tex tractor jack

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1854
  • 41 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hello Grumpy, well it got up to 52 degrees today down here. Did you get your plowing tractor engine overhauled? I enjoyed driving it at Olcowhands plow days this year. I don't get on here much, do to work, but I took a few days off for the holidays. Just thought I would say Hey to everybody and a happy and healthy New Year to everyone. Jack
  • KennyP and sacsr have said thanks

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,485 Thanks
  • 39,719 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hello Grumpy, well it got up to 52 degrees today down here. Did you get your plowing tractor engine overhauled? I enjoyed driving it at Olcowhands plow days this year. I don't get on here much, do to work, but I took a few days off for the holidays. Just thought I would say Hey to everybody and a happy and healthy New Year to everyone. Jack

Good to hear from you, Jack! Hope Santa was good to you! May the New Year be kind to you!

#13 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 06:22 PM

Jack, you have the wrong Grumpy.  This is glgrumpy.  Both them are from Indiana though, but it's "Grumpy" you met at plow day.  Sure hope you get to come plow up here again in 2014!

• KennyP said thank you

#14 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 06:27 PM

X-mas was great here, worked in the shop on Battery jumper/charger, engine is mounted on sub-frame which is mounted on the main frame, left off on pully alignment, start fresh tommorow.

Some snow today, 1 inch of fluff, poof !

Getting ready for new years.

#15 tex tractor jack OFFLINE  

tex tractor jack

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1854
  • 41 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 07:13 PM

Sorry I got the wrong Grumpy.

I do hope to get the Olcowhand plow day again this year.
  • olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks