• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • Member No: 51445
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 09:31 PM

The AWN412 and 432 seem to be very good. Very rarely we see a timer or even less often a tranny. We sell a bunch of them too. Last order was 90 pcs & we expect those to be gone around June.

Thanks very much. So, are you saying these models do have a timer and a transmission? 

As far as finding a dealer for these, should i just look on their website? Or how do you recommend i find a dealer in my area? I live north of Nashville between Nashville and Bowling Green. 

#62 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, I. That other thread was a phone number I believe. Here is the contact us page: http://www.alliancel...ry.com/contact/
  • Sal Mcc said thank you

#63 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 21, 2014 - 11:24 PM

Yeah, I. That other thread was a phone number I believe. Here is the contact us page: http://www.alliancel...ry.com/contact/

Thanks, i may message you when i get close to buying one. 

I am pretty much done with Maytag. 

#64 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 21, 2014 - 11:45 PM

Today has been pretty busy. 

I got to work at 615, and was having a good day. then it started snowing like we were is Wisconsin or something. Then, there must have been some power surges with the city power, and we were without power for approximately one hour. In our business, that is not good. Anyway, we got back up and going and at lunch. i stopped by the eye doctor to check on an appointment for Austin. So, then i go home for a sandwich and my middle child which is 19 is supposed to meet me at the house to check on her books to start college. She didnt show, and then wouldn't answer her phone. It's kinda a long story,and i really am not sure how to deal with that now days.

So, on my way back to work, i get a call, the schools are closing early at 1pm. So, i go back to work for a short time and go pick up Austin from school and take him to the eye doctor. After that, i take him home and go back to work. At work, Dad calls me and says he found Austin's wallet at his house in back of Austin's truck. So, when i get home from work, I call and we make plans to meet for dinner and get the wallet. Just as I am about to walk out the door, I run across a deal. A guy wants a storage barn cleaned out and some wood hauled off, So I call him and we make plans to meet there. So, i hook up the big trailer, and get coveralls, gloves, hat, flash lights etc etc.

After eating a quick dinner, I make a B line to the storage barn. It's mostly junk, but there is a tool box, some scrap metal, and a few interesting pieces and some "reclaimed wood". LOL. There was a neat old desk lamp, a old tea pot , some other silly worthless stuff. I will check it out more tomorrow.

So after getting inside from the 18 degrees outside, I am now washing my coveralls for tomorrow. I am waiting for the lovely, advanced Maytag Epic Z washer that i paid a crap load of money for a few years ago, to get done washing my coveralls. It will no longer go into the spin cycle by itself. This is after I spent 86 dollars on a front door seal last week. And i think the bearing is going out because when it is spinning, it sounds like the Space Shuttle taking off. 

So, tomorrow the plan for after work (or maybe on lunch) is sort through the stuff from the storage barn and maybe make a trip to the scrap yard. 

• MH81 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#65 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 - 10:39 PM

I had another busy day today.

I got to work almost late because i had a small delay leaving the house. I forgot i left the hose pipe attached to the spicket and it was frozen. So, after a failed attempt to unattach, I decided to go on to work. Then at work, we were having some production delays due to a system problem that has been going on for a bit.

I took an early lunch, and came to the house to get most of the metal from the storage room clean out. So, i hooked to the small trailer and barely got to the scrap yard before their lunch. So, after unloading, ran a few errands and things and got back to work.

After work, i got home and started to sort some more of the "stuff". put a few things on CL, and checking the batteries, I think they are junk also.I found a stack of record albums, no idea if they are worth anything or not. We will see. I did find 2 lamps like this :

IMG_20140122_192838_766_zps8a5b5740.jpgt

• oldedeeres said thank you

#66 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 - 10:47 PM

I have to figure out why the length of my posts are limited. I think it has to do with when i have a pic in the post. 

Tomorrow the plan is to gather up the last part of this "stuff" going to the yard and take over there. Then after that start to reorganize my tools again unless something else comes along. 

Also, in the "stuff" i found this contraption below. Does anyone know what is used for? It appears to be a case for transporting sporting goods, like golf clubs or maybe hunting rifles or something. Who knows?It has a tag on it from the airport. Maybe it is for transporting Bigfoot evidence or something? LOL. Seriously, if some one knows, please chime in. 

IMG_20140122_195235_029_zpsdaffd27b.jpg

Edited by Sal Mcc, January 22, 2014 - 10:48 PM.

#67 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 09:35 AM

Maybe fishing poles?

WIth the holes in it i doubt any guns.

• Sal Mcc said thank you

#68 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,777 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 11:46 AM

How tall is that? Maybe it was for Transporting fat snakes that wouldn't fit through the holes.

• Sal Mcc said thank you

#69 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 08:45 PM

How tall is that? Maybe it was for Transporting fat snakes that wouldn't fit through the holes.

I thought that too. LOL. It is 48" long. Maybe it was for transporting large blueprints or drawings or something. Or may it was to transport zombie apocalypse  supplies. There is no telling. 

Edited by Sal Mcc, January 24, 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#70 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 09:20 PM

Yesterday, i took the last of the scrap to the yard, and cleaned out the back of the truck somewhat. I have some tire chains that i started to toss in there but decided to hang onto for a secret project this summer. 

Today, a lady called about the "reclaimed wood" i had. We agreed to meet on my lunch. She shows up in a Saturn Vue SUV. LOL. So, she says we can put the boards in the "back part". Twenty minutes later, she on her way with the "reclaimed wood" (part of an old torn down fence). I was just glad i dont have to dispose of it. I did save me several pieces for some furniture projects. This is a desk i made a while back.

IMG_20131116_093714_501_zpsf23aeb28.jpg

I have been checking out some neat rustic stuff on Pinterest. A buddy at work teases me about being on that site. i told him i had out the Pinterest App on my phone. He said he wouldn't speak to me until I removed the App. LOL. 

When i got home from work, i finished painting the old craftsman toolbox and listed on CL. if it don't sell, i may just hang on to it for a bit. 

Tomorrow the plan is to get up and be at the city dump site at 8, to get the rest of the big trailer unloaded. Then, i have a deal to go pick up a junk boat and trailer. If it works out, I plan to take the big trailer and winch the whole thing up on there and take the boat to one place and unload. then i will see if the trailer is any count. If not, it will go to the scrap yard on Monday. 

Then, Dad and i are suppsed to go see and old friend Cleo. He thinks he may have a Briggs horizontal shaft to fit the White. 

Then Dad wants to check out a security system for his place. 

And no telling what else that may come along. I should probably take a lunch. And maybe dinner too. LOL.  

Edited by Sal Mcc, January 24, 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#71 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 09:24 PM

I thought that too. LOL. It is 48" long. Maybe it was for transporting large blueprints or drawings or something. Or may it was to transport zombie apocalypse  supplies. There is no telling.

Possibly Arrows?
  • Sal Mcc said thank you

#72 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 12:54 AM

Possibly Arrows?

That could be possible. I had thought that too.

#73 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 01:07 AM

Today started out a little slow but got busy in the afternoon.

After breakfast and some awesome bacon and mucho coffee, i took the big trailer to the city dump to unload some of the stuff left from the storage barn clean out project. While there, i ran into a guy that works for me during the week, he was helping someone else do some side work.

After that, i called about picking up the boat and boat trailer. the lady said they had frozen water pipes at some rental property and they were taking care of that. So we agreed, i would call her later. So, i proceeded to go to a storage room auction. It was basically a waste of time. there was three units, only one had any decent stuff and it sold kinda high.

So i had been emailing back and forth a guy that had two riding mowers for sale. So, because it was nearby i stopped buy and looked. i decided it was pretty much a no lose deal.The Troybilt had some deck spring issues and was missing a drive belt. The craftsman had a starter issue. So i decided that the Craftsman could be a motor donor for the White tractor and the Troybilt could be a motor donor for another Troybilt that i already had. So, fifteen minutes later, the scene looked like this:

IMG_20140125_111249_468_zpsd65df3b6.jpg

Edited by Sal Mcc, January 26, 2014 - 01:07 AM.

#74 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 01:13 AM

So after leaving there and changing my mind several times about if i should take both the fine machines home or take the Craftsman to dad's place, i decide the latter. So, i go over to dad's and unload the yellow submarine and i load up the other Troybilt with the blown up motor to the moon. So, then it looked like this:ssIMG_20140125_121517_714_zpsc7ecbd56.jpg

Edited by Sal Mcc, January 26, 2014 - 01:15 AM.

#75 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 01:28 AM

So after leaving there, i drive home and unload the smaller mower into the garage and take the motor off of the larger one. After, having to stop a few times to run run a coupe errands and dinner and etc, i finally get the motor mounted and briefly start it just to confirm the major parts like the hyrdo working and blades turning. I called it a day and took a very very hot shower. that garage floor was very cold while standing on my head to start the motor bolts while reaching around a lot of stuff to tighten them down. 

So now, i am preparing to get some sleep and finish up the little mower tomorrow. 

Luckily, my daughter stopped by and told me someone had left a message on her phone about selling a mower(her and i swapped phone numbers a while back, so we get each other's calls still). So, i get the message and its a buddy from work about a Husky 22hp mower. So, after some calls and texts, we reach an agreement for later in the week. The funds are tight after the earlier pruchase and fuel and other items.

Last year at this time, the mower stuff was still slow. I kinda hope this trend continues but i got several other things going and / or coming up in the next several weeks. 

• MH81 said thank you