• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,754 Thanks
  • 894 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 07:47 AM

Merry Christmas all. Last night i am sitting around unwinding from a busy day cleaning up the house, have the wifes side coming over today, oh goodie!!!!
well she comments that she is surprised that I didnt want anything for christmas. I tell her all i want is another tractor. now i listen and get the look everytime i talk or bringing home another tractor, so i just bring them home when shes not around and hide them, ha ha ha, (or should that be ho ho ho at this time of the year).
so i tell her all i want is a tractor and she says ok, where is it, how much, at this point im dumb founded because i dont have one in mind right now, so i think she's messing with my mind but you can be sure i will be calling her bluff in the next day or so. now i just have to find an rj or surburban within a few hundred miles, road trip!!!!!!!
  • Alc, hamman, KennyP and 6 others have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,996 Thanks
  • 8,779 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 08:09 AM

Merry Christmas. Give her some credit for being smart enough to realize that being a tractorholic isn't bad. By comparison to what TV shows and some of her friends husbands are probably doing, we are angels. We generally are home alot more and compared to what greens fees cost we are a lot cheaper than golf, car racing, or a dozen other hobbies.

If I were you, I'd reward her with her own fixed up tractor. Pick one that is simple to operate, easy on and off, and has a box attached for carrying things. My wife loves hers. The box is just a milk crate on two angle irons. My wife has mobility problems so it has also allowed her more access to our lower yard.

If you have a tractor with a plow, let her try plowing 4" when it isn't too cold. Get her involved and you will have more freedom. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, December 25, 2013 - 08:24 AM.

• Alc, hamman, IamSherwood and 6 others have said thanks

#3 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,960 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 08:34 AM

Merry Christmas, sounds like a Christmas miracle to me.
  • hamman and farmer john have said thanks

#4 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • 1,754 Thanks
  • 894 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 09:16 AM

ha ha ha !!!  miracle is right, as for getting her her own tractor she has one, a mint bolens gt 2000 hydro 20hp kohler mag, deck and blower, i dont think its moved in 2 yrs, its the only bolens in the herd and i'd get rid of it if it were mine and get another horse, but the moment i touch it she'll notice it gone, sort of like selling your kids toys at a garage sale, they never played with them until your getting rid of them, go figure

• hamman, boyscout862 and pigsitter have said thanks

#5 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,769 Thanks
  • 44,550 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 09:19 AM

Sounds like a great lady. Better keep her!

• hamman and farmer john have said thanks

#6 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,371 Thanks
  • 9,735 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 09:40 AM

she says ok, where is it, how much, at this point im dumb founded because i dont have one in mind right now, so i think she's messing with my mind but you can be sure i will be calling her bluff in the next day or so.

Were you planning on taking the car that's completely iced over and inaccessible, or something else and sliding off the driveway into the skidsteer shaped indent in the snowbank?

:bigrofl: :bigrofl: :hitting_self_roller:

• hamman, KennyP, pigsitter and 1 other said thanks

#7 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • 1,754 Thanks
  • 894 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 09:59 AM

not freezing rain, sleet, snow , flooding and a skid steer in their path will keep my wife relatives from a free meal, oh well, i can grin and bear it for 1 day if it makes her happy

• hamman, KennyP and sacsr have said thanks

#8 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,996 Thanks
  • 8,779 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 10:06 AM

ha ha ha !!!  miracle is right, as for getting her her own tractor she has one, a mint bolens gt 2000 hydro 20hp kohler mag, deck and blower, i dont think its moved in 2 yrs, its the only bolens in the herd and i'd get rid of it if it were mine and get another horse, but the moment i touch it she'll notice it gone, sort of like selling your kids toys at a garage sale, they never played with them until your getting rid of them, go figure

They weren't playing with them so as to save them! 40+ years ago my mother got rid of all my stuff after I left for the Army. They were well cared for and carefully boxed up. I still am pissed about it. My son did not get to enjoy them. Don't do it to your kids and grandkids. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, December 25, 2013 - 10:06 AM.

• hamman, KennyP, sacsr and 1 other said thanks

#9 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 671 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 10:36 AM

Now watch.... there will be absolutely NOTHING available when you go searching on CL!  I bet she's already been on there, flagging all the good ones!

(Just kidding!!...... Have fun finding your next GT!)

• hamman, KennyP, pigsitter and 1 other said thanks

#10 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 6,229 Thanks
  • 2,793 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 11:03 AM

My wife is great about the hobby. She says I can get what I want as long as it is a Homelite or an odball!!!???? OH and ......I have to get her cupbords refaced and the floors replaced by the entrance doors, as well as get my 1942 Allis Chalmers WC running this spring NO EXCUSES! lol. She has the fever also. She just woun't admit it. Merry Christmas Everyone.   Roger.

• KennyP, sacsr, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks