#1 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 08:25 PM

Finally found the picture of me on my first mini

Might be pretty lame to share this but man finding this picture in the bottom of a box I was going through tonight brought such a flood of emotion. This was summer of 1989(I think)

Not as old as some of you guys but man what a feeling those years ago. A boy and his mini. Life wasn't complicated all I wanted was the sun and my grandpa's back yard.

Someone else lives in the house now, my grand pa will of been gone 11 years on Jan 1st and the mini is long gone.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20131224_201843.jpg

Edited by toomanytoys84, December 24, 2013 - 08:27 PM.

• Gtractor, MH81, OldBuzzard and 10 others have said thanks

#2 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 08:33 PM

Let's see here, ten years after I graduated from high school, yep you are younger than some of us.

Nice picture I could see where it would bring back memories for you.  I would be ecstatic about finding a picture of me and my first motorcycle.

Thanks for sharing

• oldedeeres, JRJ and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Neat pic, thanks for sharing the memory with us.
  • oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#4 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 08:36 PM

I have great memories of riding my Yamaha 60 and Honda XR-75- just mine was a little farther back - like 1972-75. Those were great days for sure. Thanks for bringing back some good memories.
  • oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hmmm! Yeah!  Bikes, go-karts, mini, small bikes, big bikes......Late 60's and early 70's!   My first almost NEW bike was a 73 Suzuki GT380, bought in 74 and loved it. Had a FOX mine, looked a lot like yours, but they went out of business in 70's. Local plant in Janesville, WI that made Go carts in 60's and then Minis later. Bros worked there when they were Carts.  

I wanna go back and them make some changes along the way now!  MAN, made me feel real old today! 

Edited by glgrumpy, December 24, 2013 - 09:05 PM.

• Alc, oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#6 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 09:04 PM

Finally found the picture of me on my first mini

Might be pretty lame to share this but man finding this picture in the bottom of a box I was going through tonight brought such a flood of emotion. This was summer of 1989(I think)

Not as old as some of you guys but man what a feeling those years ago. A boy and his mini. Life wasn't complicated all I wanted was the sun and my grandpa's back yard.

Someone else lives in the house now, my grand pa will of been gone 11 years on Jan 1st and the mini is long gone.

So you have 2 years on me? Lol :D

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#7 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 09:08 PM

Thanks guys. I recently cleaned out my storage and my wife was out doing some last minute shopping and i was home alone and decided to dig around. Let me tell you bad idea on Christmas eve....I really.hope I can instill into my children to cherish the time you have with your family and never take anything for granted

I am young but you old farts need some young blood in this hobby.

I'm 30. I was 5 in that picture.

Edited by toomanytoys84, December 24, 2013 - 09:48 PM.

• KennyP, sacsr, Michiganmobileman and 1 other said thanks

#8 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 09:27 PM

I had just retired from the Navy.  I got a few on ya for sure.  I remember back when I first started riding, it was a great feeling.  Wish I has a photo back then.  Thanks for Sharing.

• Alc, oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#9 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 10:17 PM

22 years after I graduated from high school.  Sure is nice to find a picture you didn't remember or have never seen before. Neat story. Merry Christmas.  Roger.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#10 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 10:24 PM

That is a good pic, there hard to come by these days. I got my first motorized vehicle when I was ten years old in 1964.....yeah. It was a Lil Indian mini bike with a 3hp Tecumseh. I had her all decked out, head light, tail light, rear view mirrors on both sides. I talked my Dad into letting me take the muffler off & run a straight pipe out the back. Of coarse he wouldn't let me until the warranty ran out. I can still hear it back fire. I sure wished I still had that.
  • Alc, hamman, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#11 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,625 Thanks
  • 3,918 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 12:03 AM

Great pic!

I remember my first minibike.  Just a generac one with 4 horse Briggs.  I kept quiet exhaust on it because I didn't want dad to be able to hear when I reached down and bypasssed the governor.  :smilewink:

Anyhow,  I ran it out of oil one day up on the hill behind our house so I coasted it down and right in the shed.  I knew the engine was somewhat lose from excessive RPM so I filled it with oil and put some in the spark plug hole and waited a couple of hours.   When it cooled it broke lose easily but I was afraid it would throw the rod if I ran it so I never rode it again. 

I had a Cushman Truckster and a go-cart so I let the bike sit. 

About that time dad came up with a Pupp Roadster from an auction and I really thought I had something then.  Although it had a 4 horse Tecumseh and didn't run anything like the first bike, it had a chrome gas tank, mag wheels, and a headlight.

A few months later a kid that lived next door to my grandparents wanted a mini bike and dad asked "since you never ride that one any more do you care if I sell it?"  I said I didn't care knowing that kid would destroy it in a matter of minutes even if it was like new. 

I wound up working with the guy many years later and asked him if he remembered that bike and he said yeah,  that thing ran great until I wrecked it so bad the frame was toast.  He said his dad took the engine off and mounted it on their tiller.  :(

As far as I know the Rupp is still sitting in the shed at dads.  I haven't seen it in 20 years.

• Alc, hamman, sacsr and 1 other said thanks

#12 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 12:14 AM

Ill have to sbare my mini bike collection in the spring.

I have a rupp black widow a rupp roaster 2 heald super broncs and a heath kit hill topper in my little collection. I recently sold 6 bikes because we are out of room between all the gts and bikes.

The super broncs are adult sized bikes with 21 inch tires and the hill topper has 18.5 inch tires. The 1 super bronc has been beat by me. The frame is actually broke right now. I was climbing some monster hills with it.

If you ever get a chance to look see if the roadster is still there and if it is and the gas tank is there id be interested in purchasing it.
  • Gtractor, Alc, hamman and 1 other said thanks

#13 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 09:44 AM

Thank you for the mini bike photo and the stories.

Yep, a trip down memory lane is good for us!

I wish I had my '67 305 Honda Dream back! :boo_hoo:

• hamman, sacsr and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#14 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 10:12 AM

Wish I had ALL my bikes from way back.  Many would be worth quite a bit today!  Thanks for sharing TMT84!

• hamman said thank you

#15 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 10:28 AM

Cool picture, and great memories. I need to look around in our pile-o-pics.... I think we had a relative of that mini when I was a kid... I know there are some pics of it from the 70's .... I'll get to looking.

• hamman said thank you