• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 06:12 PM

Bolens Husky also had the Wisconsin 12D, should be a direct drop in replacement.

http://www.google.co....58187178,d.cGU

The one you posted pictures of is not a TRA12D. Looks like it may be a S12D which is an entirely different engine and will not fit without some serious mods being made.

As for the video..... If you want things original don't do what that guy does to tractors! :(

• RonaldRoFt said thank you

#17 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 06:15 PM

The one you posted pictures of is not a TRA12D. Looks like it may be a S12D which is an entirely different engine and will not fit without some serious mods being made.

As for the video..... If you want things original don't do what that guy does to tractors! :(

Easy there ! just trying to help,

That is just of my S12D, stated it right above the pic's, you should look before typing, never mind with the help.

#18 truckintyler OFFLINE  

truckintyler
  • Member No: 41579
  • 89 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 06:15 PM

so , i have the flywheel you need, dont have the starter though, i think im like 2 hours away from you in napanee

its a long drive but its free if you want it. the engine came off a g14 tecumseh oh140

dont mind giving the flywheel away if you need it.

• Bolens 1000 and Mike Unwin have said thanks

#19 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 06:20 PM

Easy there ! just trying to help,

That is just of my S12D, stated it right above the pic's, you should look before typing, never mind with the help.

Didn't mean to sound offensive, and If I did I'm sorry for that.

I did see you added it was your S12D in the pics but at the time I was typing my reply that was not there....

#20 Mike Unwin ONLINE  

Mike Unwin
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12382
  • 380 Thanks
  • 297 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 08:42 PM

Trowel I am in Ontario really too far to go for a engine,just can,t believe the two 12 HP Tecumseh would have two different diameter crank shafts.The second engine appears to be in decent shape new style carb and starter nice tight throttle shaft.Thanks everyone for your help might look at getting the drive pullet enlarged or sit on the project till spring and warmer temps.I managed to pick up a old MTD Snowflite walk behind,hopefully no more troubles till spring. My brother used to live in Napanee  till he moved to Kingston. Cheers Mike

• trowel said thank you

#21 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted January 05, 2014 - 07:31 AM

Didn't mean to sound offensive, and If I did I'm sorry for that.

I did see you added it was your S12D in the pics but at the time I was typing my reply that was not there....

No, it was already there, added that i knew were a Bolens 1220 could be had cheap and my friend keep trying to get me to buy it.

Mike, was not sure how far you was from me, winter is a difficult time for equipment to break down. Glad to hear of the walk behind, hope it all works out for you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1220, tecumseh, replace