• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 869 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 08:58 AM

I hate this weather!!!!!!!! after 2 days of freezing rain a quick jump in temps for good measure to cause some flooding, it rained again last night, froze and snowed, now i have 4-6 inches snow over ice, lovely, well i thought its time to bring out the big guns, a 90hp deisel cat skid steer 9000 lbs of pure snow moving power, that idea didnt work, it slid down the driveway sideways and is now stuck, blocking my escape from the honey do list, i have to shovel around it and get some ice melter on it before the misses wakes and high tail it out of town or she'll have me putting up decorations on stuff, and listening to christmas carols, BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!! I am not against christmas, its just starts to early, right after thanksgiving and in canada thats oct 13, by christmas i have had enough, the american date of nov 28 would suit me just fine

Edited by farmer john, December 24, 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,397 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 09:18 AM

That's not going to be fun to get out. Doubt the GT will be much help other than clearing out around it.

• farmer john said thank you

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,696 Thanks
  • 8,890 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 09:37 AM

Will, I call dibs on the skidsteer if she buries him in a snowbank!!!!!!!!!!! :thank_you:

• Alc, KennyP and farmer john have said thanks

#4 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 10:46 AM

I hope you get the skidsteer out without mishap.  Just be careful.  I drove home through the ice storm from camp on Sunday afternoon.  It was a white knuckler at points.

I hope you get straightened out by Christmas and can enjoy it.

• Alc and farmer john have said thanks

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 01:00 PM

Sometimes you just gotta say H*** with it, let stuff set, weather changes, then go out and see what you can do. Can't afford to call some one usually, cause it takes big stuff to get other big stuff free.  It's NOT that important to get it out usually, AND, wife can just stay home, no sense trying to be out in the bad weather and ditching a car somewhere and you HAVE to get that out then, costly or not!

Drink Wine, surf the Net, look at epay!  Chase Mama around the tree!  Other things to do for now! :D

• farmer john said thank you

#6 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 869 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for your concerns, but nobody has to come get the skid steer it back in the garage but i may consider getting some chains the next time im at auction if this is going to become the norm what with the green house effects and all

#7 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 05:53 PM

About buying chains at auction  I have two barrels of ice chains each barrel has 40ft of X pattern tire chains in it.  I went to the auction after tire chains for the JD. Ended up with enough to do 4 tractors. Just planning ahead I guess