• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Rednecklawnmower OFFLINE  

Rednecklawnmower

• Member No: 1747
  • 1 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted December 29, 2010 - 12:15 AM

Just got verizon last november. I had centenail wireless and i was paying almost 100 bucks month. plus ATT sucks

#17 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 29, 2010 - 05:37 AM

Not to be one of the lone neighsayers, but I've travelled for work the past 25+ years and have worked for several companies which used Verizon. I'll also qualify my next statement in that both of my sons are salesmen for AT&T. I've used both Verizon and AT&T all over teh US, but primarily on the east coast. In a word, Verizon "just doesn;t cut it". AT&T, by far, has much better overall roaming service. YMMV and just my two cents.

Mike, I agree with you when traveling I think ATT did good. When I drove truck I usually had signal, there were times when it would cut out but it would only be for a brief time frame. I have been with ATT for over 10 years and I would rather not have switched but when we called them and also talked to our sales rep it was basically them telling us we could buy this gadget but we can't promise it will work or pay the termination fee for the one line that still has a contract. Maybe we just dealt with the wrong people? It has been like that though the last couple of times we tried talking to them about it.

What is really a shame though is if we could move our house maybe 100' up the road we would probably have great service.

#18 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 29, 2010 - 04:41 PM

...What is really a shame though is if we could move our house maybe 100' up the road we would probably have great service.

I'm guessing that that might be more expensive than changing phone companies though LOL! When I said a local Verizon store, I meant the independent dealers, not the Logoed store where everyone has the uniforms. I agree that those guys are pushy as hell and are only interested in their commissions. I'm glad you found a deal you're happy with and good luck with your purchase.