Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Briggs Vacu-Jet, Slide Choke ... Atmospheric Vent?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,223 Thanks
  • 1,450 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 01:30 PM

My 2 Hp Briggs (60102 1015 01) has what I believe is a Vacu-Jet carb with slide choke.  I'd like to soda blast and clear coat it (I do like shiny things).  Does it have an atmospheric vent that I need to worry about clogging?  If so, where is it?

IMG_1322.JPG IMG_1324.JPG IMG_1325.JPG IMG_1328.JPG

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 04:28 PM

There's no float bowl and no diaphragms, so there will be no atmospheric vent.  The vacu-jet just siphons gas straight from the tank.  The fuel cap is the weak point of the system, since if it is clogged the carburetor will not syphon.

Ben W.

• Alc and New.Canadian.DB.Owner have said thanks

#3 markcunningham OFFLINE  

markcunningham
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 70506
  • 2 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted May 09, 2015 - 08:51 PM

Hi, I'm a newbie here and would like to know if you knew about these Vacu-jet carbs and can I get a new or used one somewhere or could I use a pulse-jet carb instead. Reason being that the throttle plate inside of my vacu-jet slide choke carb is sticking wide open and rubs stiff when i close it to the stop. Obviously not good for the linkage. Any help is good help in my eyes.

Mark C Cleveland OH

#4 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 2,079 Thanks
  • 1,885 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 10:06 AM

Hi, I'm a newbie here and would like to know if you knew about these Vacu-jet carbs and can I get a new or used one somewhere or could I use a pulse-jet carb instead. Reason being that the throttle plate inside of my vacu-jet slide choke carb is sticking wide open and rubs stiff when i close it to the stop. Obviously not good for the linkage. Any help is good help in my eyes.

Mark C Cleveland OH

you might be able to find one used but I don't think you can find a new one even clone. Try soaking the carb one in carb cleaner for awhile

Edited by bbuckler, May 12, 2015 - 10:08 AM.

#5 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,223 Thanks
  • 1,450 posts

Posted May 26, 2015 - 08:39 PM

Mark C Cleveland OH

I have had that happen when I have rebuilt the carb & installed the fly (throttle plate) up side down.