#1 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 12:42 AM

Ok, I looked over the membership map, and tried to determine common states to which the membership population was the greatest. I also added two areas up North, so that our members up there could meet without having to come across the border if they didn't want to. As for out near the Western Coast, I will let someone out there try to set something up, as it appears that the memberships out there are very few, and scattered all over the place. Let me know if these states suit. We'll let this poll run about two weeks, then tally up the votes for the top four states. Once these states are decided, I will contact two active members in each of those areas to work with me in trying to determine a town and to find property for each group to meet. 

If anybody has better suggestions, then by all means, speak up. If there are Tractor Shows in these areas, let us know where they are located, and when they are held, and maybe we can work on getting the gathering scheduled around those events. If this is how you guys decide to do the gatherings, then keep in mind that all gatherings may not be held on the same weekends. We could end up having four different gatherings all on separate weekends. I'm trying to get us together, and I'm trying to keep everybody happy also. It my work, or it may not work, but I'll do whatever I can to make it happen to the best of my ability.

Edited by johndeereelfman, December 22, 2013 - 09:57 PM.

• Gtractor and hamman have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 01:25 AM

NONE OF THE ABOVE!

• PappyH said thank you

#3 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 02:32 AM

Good idea, Troy.

#4 jdslednut ONLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 02:34 AM

I pick Winthrop, MN during our Winthrop Farm-City Fun Fest!  I've been bringing a few of my tractors there for a few years and almost have Nato77 talked into bringing a few of his along with a few other local friend-collectors that should be members on the site but aren't yet.  Nice small town atmosphere and fun day at the park with all kinds of things for kids.  I could maybe even talk my wife into letting me fire up the grill. 

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,399 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 06:21 AM

I see only one state I could help out in, others are just too far away for me. Depending on the number of folks in Ks, Mo, Ark, & Ok interested in doing this would make the location feasible. Lots of if's to look into. I may be able to get the NEOGTA club involved to help out.

• JRJ and lesmeister have said thanks

#6 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 06:46 AM

As a Michigan -der, landlocked as we are, Illinois, Indiana or Ohio would be easier  to get to than Minnesota.

• hamman, Talntedmrgreen and bgkid2966 have said thanks

#7 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,698 Thanks
  • 8,891 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 06:59 AM

As a Michigan -der, landlocked as we are, Illinois, Indiana or Ohio would be easier  to get to than Minnesota.

Not to mention the extra border patrol if we know you are coming. :rolling:

• hamman, IamSherwood and superaben have said thanks

#8 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 07:18 AM

Not to mention the extra border patrol if we know you are coming. :rolling:

I have the incognito option available so you just never know.  Beware!!!

• hamman said thank you

#9 cityboy2977 OFFLINE  

cityboy2977

ordinary average guy

• Member No: 6650
  • 117 Thanks
  • 179 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 07:29 AM

big tractor show in Buckley, Mich. in August. free camping & entry for exhibitors .

2 birds with 1 stone ?

read more here: http://www.buckleyol...ld-engine-show/

• Alc and hamman have said thanks

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,399 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 07:45 AM

I'm going to put this out to all folks in the states I listed above. If you feel you would like to have a gathering, contact me. If there are enough of us, we'll see about a location near the center of our geographical area to make it easy for all of us to get to.

• Alc, hamman and lesmeister have said thanks

#11 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 07:54 AM

North-Eastern Indiana is central to MI, OH, IN and IL.  I would love to see more activity there.  When you think about it, a 3 hour or so drive, from say, Ft Wayne, IN, includes numerous urban populations, with lots of membership in between.  Detroit, Toledo, Columbus, Cincinnatti, Louisvile, Grand Rapids, Indy, Chicago are all reasonable hike's.  Looking at the membership map, I'm suprised to see limited #'s of folks in that area.  Seems there are more folks here within that region, than those that are actually mapped.

I travel to northern IN often, and it's an easy drive in that area.  I also attend events in northern and central OH without too much trouble.  Nice countryside.  I'm typically involved in the Simplicity gatherings, and PA, OH, IN, IL, WI are often considered the Simplicity-belt.  I think that same area hits big with other brands like Wheel Horse, Bolens, etc.

Right now, the

• hamman and PappyH have said thanks

#12 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 07:55 AM

big tractor show in Buckley, Mich. in August. free camping & entry for exhibitors .

2 birds with 1 stone ?

read more here: http://www.buckleyol...ld-engine-show/

Made it there last year but Kathy had a musical obligation this year so we couldn't go.  Have you been to the show?

On another note I think I can throw out kind of the same offer as Kenny.  Between our place and my brothers next door we have over 4 acres.  Room for a meeting and quite a few campers.  We are right on the channel leading to a chain of ten lakes, over 2000 acres of water for boating and fishing.  I feel pretty confident that we could find some ground to plow up, with permission of course.

A possibility for any one that would be close enough to be interested.

• Alc and Talntedmrgreen have said thanks

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,399 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE: Looking at the membership map, I'm suprised to see limited #'s of folks in that area.  Seems there are more folks here within that region, than those that are actually mapped.

Some members chose to not use the map.

#14 Jack ONLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 09:06 AM

NONE OF THE ABOVE!

Yeah what he said ^

#15 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,626 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 09:37 AM

Made it there last year but Kathy had a musical obligation this year so we couldn't go.  Have you been to the show?

On another note I think I can throw out kind of the same offer as Kenny.  Between our place and my brothers next door we have over 4 acres.  Room for a meeting and quite a few campers.  We are right on the channel leading to a chain of ten lakes, over 2000 acres of water for boating and fishing.  I feel pretty confident that we could find some ground to plow up, with permission of course.

A possibility for any one that would be close enough to be interested.

How far are you from Sears, MI.? My nephew has a place there. Looks like you would be in a good place for a lot of the Michigan members to get to.

As stated being " landlocked" here in Michigan it is always a long drive to some where else, especially from Northern Michigan. This year was a good show at Buckley. I am going to try to take some tractors there this year. Roger.