• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Black River OFFLINE  

Black River
  • Member No: 30108
  • 8 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 10:03 PM

I have a Stanley GT with a B & S 18hp opposed twin that i fitted with a sleeve hitch and a moldboard plow that came with the hitch.  I've been attempting to plow my garden with it.  I have chains on the rear wheels but no weights.  The first few times I tried to plow I just kept getting a lot of debris between the coulter disc and the plow.  I tried removing the colter disc and it will plow good and deep, but it seems like it's pulling down too deep.  I have been messing around with the plow and found that i could adjust the angle of the plow but I'm not sure where to set it.  It seems like the tractor has enough power, but half the time the plow gets down so deep the tractor bogs down and I have to back up, or the front lifts up and scoots around resulting in a crooked furrow.  Does anyone have any ideas how i could adjust things to plow a good row?

#2 Bmerf ONLINE  

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,666 Thanks
  • 1,420 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Have you read this ?

Or this Manual:

Edited by Bmerf, December 21, 2013 - 10:11 PM.

• hamman said thank you

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,645 Thanks
  • 28,302 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 10:18 PM

The easiest way to tell you is to drive the left wheels of the tractor up on about 5" of planking. Then adjust the plow so there is about a half inch under the heel of the landside (furthest piece back). The point will be touching and the rest of the cutting edge will be approximately parallel with the ground.

This manual shows assembly and most of the setup well, it just doesn't show driving it up on blocking (easiest way IMHO)
  • hamman said thank you

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,587 Thanks
  • 38,983 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 07:05 AM

Welcome to the forum! Got any pics of the setup? That can sometimes help us help you. Pic help can be found in the link at the bottom of my post. What size is your plow, 10"?