mark843

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2905
  • 15 Thanks
  • 199 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 02:00 PM

I took apart the part of the k482 when is stopped running but I just got in a new coil and condenser that I hope will fix the problem. The problem is that I let this go since the summer so I can't recall where exactly the condenser gets mounted and where the wire attaches. I assume the wire coming of the coil goes to the bottom screw of the points?

Any pictures of how the condenser is hooked up and where it gets bolted to would be appreciated. If anyone has pics of the way the coil is mounted that would be great too. I just don't want to get that part wrong also.

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 10,788 Thanks
  • 8,081 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 03:47 PM

Look it up in our manuals section. You can download 3 for free per day. I get interrupted too, so I have to refer to the books often. Good Luck, Rick

#3 mark843 OFFLINE  

mark843

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 15 Thanks
  • 199 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 03:52 PM

I have the manuals but it only shows the wiring diagram. I am not sure where the condenser gets bolted to and exactly how the wires get hooked up.

#4 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben

Con Man

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,665 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 09:42 PM

The condenser on the 1886 I have sitting in my shop right now is mounted at the coil on top of the engine. 

I had another K482 with a condenser mounted on the intake manifold, which would be under your shroud and air cleaner on that 1886. 

I had another K series twin with the condenser right at the points box.  I don't remember what model that was. 

I don't do too much with Kohler K twins, so I'm not the one to give the set in stone answer as to location.  I've seen two different places. 

The condenser grounds itself and should join with one wire out of the coil running to the points in the box.  It technically could mount anywhere that is a ground. 

Ben W.

Edit to corekt speeling. 

Edited by superaben, December 21, 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#5 mark843 OFFLINE  

mark843

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 15 Thanks
  • 199 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 06:52 PM

Can you post and pics by any chance?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens, 1886, k482, condenser, coil