• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 02:03 PM

Ohh.. I think this is funny.. others may or may not..  I hate fake Christmas trees.. She hates Real ones in the house. I set mine  up in the basement with all my decorations from my many years of life before meeting my wife. She sets her's upstairs.. The main floor still smells like real tree.. 

• MH81 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#32 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 04:37 PM

Things that drive me crazy?

Going for the grease gun and finding it empty.

Needing oil in the car or truck, and find that we are all out because I wanted to wait and buy more when it goes on sale.

Wanting to plow the freshly fallen snow, and finding out that the tractor battery is dead, because I thought I could make it last just one more year.

Needing wood glue and finding it out in the garage, frozen, because I was too lazy to bring it back into the house.

Wanting to rinse the salt off of my truck, but can't because I forgot to unhook and put away the garden hose before it got cold.

Trying to string up Christmas lights, but can't plug them in because I can't find the two prong to three prong adapter that "I" put away last year.

Needing a 1/4 x 20 bolt and nut, and finding that I never restocked the draw with new.

While replacing the cast iron sewer line with new PVC, I go to glue all of my joints, and find that I have schedule 40 pipe, and thin wall fittings.

Yes, these things drive me crazy, and yes, they are all my fault. My wife? I don't have a bad thing to say about her. She makes just as many mistakes as I do, but all of her intentions override the mishaps, and for that I'm grateful. She balances me out just as much as I balance her out. I won't voice any negative thoughts about her, and I know she won't about me. That's just how we roll. Any little thing that would get under my skin, would be worse if she wasn't here, so I just accept it, ignore it, or get over it and move on. We don't let little things like some of you guys mentioned bother us. We are who we are, because that is how we were made. We don't try to change each other, we decide to accept each other.

• JDBrian, PappyH, Team_Green and 3 others have said thanks

#33 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 05:02 PM

People who pull trailers without proper lighting is number one on my list,for no other reason than a number of years ago I almost ran a guy over that was pulling a trailer on the interstate that had neither trailer light nor tailights!

Edited by pigsitter, December 21, 2013 - 05:03 PM.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#34 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 05:03 PM

We don't try to change each other, 

I don't understand folks that think they can change someone.. Its their make up.. its how they are.. love it and live with it..

#35 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 06:09 PM

I don't understand folks that think they can change someone.. Its their make up.. its how they are.. love it and live with it..

Yeah, NJ Ken and Cat have been trying to change you for years... The only thing that's changed is one went nuttier, one got hairier, and one has taken to collecting ladybugs...
  • DougT, HDWildBill, pigsitter and 1 other said thanks

#36 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, NJ Ken and Cat have been trying to change you for years... The only thing that's changed is one went nuttier, one got hairier, and one has taken to collecting ladybugs...

Is that the reason for the extra hair?? Cause i dont like bugs and Ya can't get nuttier then me..  :rocker2:

• MH81 said thank you

#37 WHdbJD ONLINE  

WHdbJD

• Member No: 8367
  • 580 Thanks
  • 451 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 08:57 PM

What drives me crazy?

1) When guys ask me a question, then want to argue that my answer is wrong!!

2)  TV commercials that use little kids to try to sell me something.  Car dealers seem to do this a lot.

Here is a clue , mister car dealer....the only person who thinks your grandkid is cute is you....and I'm

not dropping 40 grand on a pickup because some little brat says I should!!

3) Speaking of ads, it really annoys me when radio ads have that fast talking disclaimer at the end of the ad.

It's gibberish, but I know they are  taking away everything they promised about their product.

4) I've driven trucks for over 30 years, so don't even get me started on the moronic, life-risking stunts I witness

every day...... that would be a whole book in itself!

#38 WHdbJD ONLINE  

WHdbJD

• Member No: 8367
  • 580 Thanks
  • 451 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Oh yes,, here's another...

Going to the auto parts store,and standing there, with the item I want and cash in hand and the clerk takes a

phone call from some doofus just checking prices.... THEN the counterman lets me stand there even longer

while he checks to see it he has the phone guys part in stock!    Grrrrr!

More than once , I have laid my item by the cash register and left.

#39 zippy1 OFFLINE  

zippy1
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 50881
  • 610 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 12:33 AM

Remembered what really drives me crazy, almost to the point of insane.

In bad weather, raining or slushy parking lots, being paralyzed and in a chair I use the handicap parking space at the store. I come out of the store and some son of a gun is parked in the cross painted no parking spot right up against my truck door and I have to wait for them to come out so I can get in. But only after a one way discussion. Then they give you a look, and say "what's the big deal"

Or same circumstance. But this time I'm looking for a parking place close to the door and their all full, but some of them have someone just sitting in the drivers seat waiting for the passenger to come out of the store. Really? Just drop them off and park, then pick them up at the door :wallbanging:

I normally park out of the handicap stalls because I know some need it worst than me, but when the weather is bad, close is good, but others must think the same way.

• WHdbJD, pigsitter and oldedeeres have said thanks

#40 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 07:14 AM

No wifey complaints from me, we share most of the house work except the laundry.  Being color blind and the fact that Kathy spent much of her early work career working for a dry cleaner/laundromat keeps me out of that chore.

On the other hand:

Store clerks that don't great you with a hello

Overly cautious drivers that have a mile long line behind them and won't pull over

MEAN PEOPLE

all top my list

#41 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,850 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted December 23, 2013 - 01:18 AM

I get pretty ticked off at myself at times because age has dictated what I can and can't do. Then I try and calm down, and figure the alternative is worse than what I'm going through. People who figure the world owes them a free living tick me off, as do those who are inconsiderate of others.
  • WHdbJD and Team_Green have said thanks

#42 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 23, 2013 - 01:32 AM

I get pretty ticked off at myself at times because age has dictated what I can and can't do. Then I try and calm down, and figure the alternative is worse than what I'm going through. People who figure the world owes them a free living tick me off, as do those who are inconsiderate of others.

Watching my 74 year young father out work me.. Depressing more then hate..  

Take care of yourself.