• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 Kurtee OFFLINE  

Kurtee

• Member No: 7561
  • 463 Thanks
  • 415 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 08:03 AM

Oh yea she runs the TV, complains when I drag snow in the house and her tootsies get wet and cold. She told me I have enough tractors and enough guns. Oh well she does the laundry, cleans the house, packs my lunch before she leaves for work at 5:30 AM. Then she cooks my supper in the evening. Oh yea I got it ruff. I guess its a trade off. After 37 years she still puts up with me. KURTEE
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#17 Arti ONLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,290 Thanks
  • 963 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 08:08 AM

Wife and me get along well. She puts up with me so what else could I ask for?

Shopping is my pet peeve. I like to go to a store and pick up what is needed and check out, I don't need to be asked if, Would you like to Super Size it.. Would you like our Super Saver Card.. Sign Up now for more Savings.. When I get home I have to clean out the Bonus Junk Mail in the shopping bag, I think that the retail market has gotten extremely tacky.

I understand that the Clerks are required to ask these questions or risk losing their employment so it is Corporate America that is the guilty ones .. Hmm if that is my only pet peeve then life is good.
  • Team_Green and oldedeeres have said thanks

#18 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 08:18 AM

Yes, the store clerks today leave a lot to be desired.  I understand that they have to ask you certain things.  What I don't like is the fact that they have no personality.  They act like they are doing you a favor by ringing up the pile of Chinese crap you just bought.  They are a talented bunch because they are texting their friends while they do it.  When we were car shopping we had a "trainee" sales girl show us a car.  This was the first one we looked at.  We took it for a ride and she sat in the back seat, never saying a word about the car and texting with her friends the whole time.  Long story short, we didn't buy from her.  As for my wife or family, well, I still have enough sass in me to make a list but I also have the sense to know that their list would be much longer.  I think I'll keep quiet and text my friend...

• oldedeeres, TomLGT195 and Sawdust have said thanks

#19 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 08:19 AM

My wife is TOO clean and organized. Sometimes I'll leave something laying on a

table or counter, so I remember it, on my way back through in 2 or 3 minutes.

Poof, it's gone when I get back, and then I have to find her, to see where she put

it. By the time I've found her, I forgot what I was trying to remember in the first place.

• oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#20 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,802 Thanks
  • 2,202 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 08:33 AM

I have a list, but hers is probably just as long for me, and she never says no to my hobbies. So I'll just be happy and remember all the good reasons I married her.
I write this as my brother is driving to his new home/ job in S.C. And I will have one less close to me. Only good thing there is a new place to vacation and hunt for tractors.lol
Thanks for reading , Tom
  • oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#21 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 08:54 AM

Spouses are supposed to drive each other batty. It's part of the vows. I didnt hear it either, but my wife told me its there and I know I'm wrong...
Besides, she loves me in spite of my tractors and my forum addiction :D

Anyways, what drives me starkers? The way human beings treat each other during business dealings. I work retail a lot when I'm not doing install or repair work and it never ceases to amaze me how every other person who calls seems to be in full frontal assault mode right off the bat. Seriously, you bought it from us, you should know our reputation for doing all we can to resolve issues... We are not the big corporate meanies you are expecting, we are a Mom and Pop.

Examples: Guy calls all kinds of hot under the collar that the new TV he bought from us is broken already... It's trimming off the top and side of the picture so he can't see the game score... Get out here right NOW and fix this or it will be sticking thru the front window come morning... No, I won't try to push any buttons... Already did that... And the chick on the phone at the cable company said its your fault...

Actual issue after an hour and a half round trip? He had pressed the format button on the Cable Box remote. No :thank_you: or anything.

Lady who threatened to sue us over the way her new washer worked.
In spite of the fact that we could see an issue with her purchasing the unit and we voiced our concerns (she is a chronic over-stuffer and she bought a high efficiency top load unit.) Max water level: 9". Clothes in unit: 36" compressed to 16"

Solution? She returned the unit (in not very new condition) and used her store credit to buy the machine we had suggested she buy to start with. Her only reply a year later was to say she was glad we "sold her one that worked this time..."

At some point in the future, I expect my boss to write a book. Unless the also expected future therapy puts those memories into hiding.

I just try to remember that I'm still employed and that any peeves I have are minor in the grand scheme of the world and people are what they are.
  • Alc, IamSherwood, David Brown and 2 others have said thanks

#22 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 10:20 AM

I only complain about the house when she complains about my shop!

#23 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 11:11 AM

I thought this was supposed to be the season to give thanks, not to complain? 

• KennyP, johndeereelfman, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#24 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 11:16 AM

Due to recent events on this very forum, I think it is in extremely poor taste to complain about one's significant other. Get down on your knees and give thanks for her being part of your life, and cherish every moment together.

I was doing this in fun.. maybe it didn't come across that way.. she rides my yeti butt about the path to her jeep in the garage..  We bug the ever living heck outta each other here.. I'm a neat freak (i know i know look at my shop) Life gets ahead of ya.. and honest.. its better to vent here then to have a fit at home.. I love my wife.. and she puts up with me. 

• WNYTractorTinkerer, oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#25 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 11:18 AM

Oh yea she runs the TV, complains when I drag snow in the house and her tootsies get wet and cold. She told me I have enough tractors and enough guns. Oh well she does the laundry, cleans the house, packs my lunch before she leaves for work at 5:30 AM. Then she cooks my supper in the evening. Oh yea I got it ruff. I guess its a trade off. After 37 years she still puts up with me. KURTEE

HUH.. Spoiled much.. packs your lunch and cooks supper...  :wave:  :smilewink:

#26 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 11:28 AM

I thought this was supposed to be the season to give thanks, not to complain? 

:thumbs: 

The way my wife smiles at me.. melts my heart..

Her gentle touch on my arm..

How my wonderful wife always thinks of our whole family..

The love for our boy that my wife has..

We keep the house going together.. and thats what matters at the end of the day.. We are all fed and watered with a roof over our head.  

WildBill.. may you and yours have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year..  :wave:

• olcowhand, IamSherwood, HDWildBill and 3 others have said thanks

#27 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 12:11 PM

I have to say I would put up with any quirk my wife Teresa has or might form.  She helps me SO much with work, family,....just anything, and never complains.  She sometimes gets overloaded, but she keeps right on helping.  She puts up with me, and that's more than most could take.

• MH81, IamSherwood, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#28 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 01:21 PM

I meant it was fun/what drives you crazy thread

I love my wife and she puts up with me so that's a good thing :) I'm sure I drive her nuts as well
  • olcowhand and Sawdust have said thanks

#29 rust addict OFFLINE  

rust addict
  • Member No: 51434
  • 242 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 01:56 PM

My 'signifiCANT' other and I divorced a good while back, raised two kids on my own for that time and it all got done. They're out of the house now and it all still gets done along with all my other 'duties'. Shure do miss the mess sometimes.

#30 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 01:59 PM

Shure do miss the mess sometimes.

I'm not one to tell someone to get married again or have more kids.. But .. If you adopted six or more dogs you would have a mess.. hahahah My furry family sure keep me on my toes...