Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Satoh Elk Reynoldsville Pa $2500

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,288 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted December 20, 2013 - 08:42 PM

Satoh Tractor 4 cyl. Gas 20 HP Masda engine. Three spd. With hi & lo Range. Standard 540 PTO. Hi flotation tires on rear. Catigory 1 three point hitch with mounted rear scraper blade for dirt or snow. This tractor is equipped with remote hydraulics and separate control valve on fender. Tin in very nice contition. Runs excellent. call 814-653-8328.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#2 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted December 20, 2013 - 08:58 PM

I've seen this ad.  It's a little misleading.  The Elk is actually rated at 17hp.  Perhaps the PTO is 20.  There's another one on Craigslist for $2900.  I know where you can get one with less hours and in just as nice of shape for around $1500.  Nice tractor but not many sold.  It's two sizes up from my Beaver.  It's a great sized tractor and, like all the Satoh tractors, a real workhorse.

#3 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 10:58 AM

I looked at tractordata.com, and it says that it has a 'clamed' PTO hp of 17.

#4 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 11:18 AM

I looked at tractordata.com, and it says that it has a 'clamed' PTO hp of 17.

Yeah, they don't have much info on them do they?  I see what you are saying though.  The engine hp could be 20.  My neighbor (old Satoh dealer) always called it a 17hp tractor which is what I was going by.  Not sure if tractordata is 100% accurate either.  It's kind of like Wikipedea for tractors, isn't it?  Anyway, the Elk was the least popular of the animal line (Beaver, Buck, Elk, Bison, Bull and Stallion).  It's such a nice size but I think the reason it never took off is because it was so close in horse power to the Buck and it was a gas model when diesel was getting popular.  They also never offered it in 4wd which was also starting to come into the picture.  Interestingly enough, this tractor at 17hp has the identical engine as the Bison or the S650G which is rated at 25hp.  The engine was just tweaked down to 17hp.  They do run smooth.

Edited by David Brown, December 21, 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#5 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 11:36 AM

Yeah, not much info there.

The Kohler K532 (32 cu) is rated at 20 Hp, so I don't think that 20 Hp from the Mazda 60 cu would unreasonable to believe.