#16 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 12:55 AM

We will all know a lot more about them if you just order one. Come on Smitty, do it for your friends on GTT!  Please  :D

I'm calling tomorrow about a JD420 that needs an engine. I don't want to make you feel bad but please  :worshippy1: 

Edited by Cvans, December 24, 2013 - 12:58 AM.

#17 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 02:16 AM

We will all know a lot more about them if you just order one. Come on Smitty, do it for your friends on GTT!  Please  :D

I'm calling tomorrow about a JD420 that needs an engine. I don't want to make you feel bad but please  :worshippy1: 

Well, $1,500 is out of the budget right now, seeing as I had to pay the jolly fat man in the red suit... However, I have a good chance of picking up some extra cash working part time as a music teacher-- plan to put my earnings into a fund for either a diesel repower or a diesel tractor.

Here's the link to the engine:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4178bcfbb8

BTW, I have an Onan P218 18 hp engine that would probably fit that JD420 pretty well--I've started it, but it needs to have the carb cleaned out--let me know if you're interested.

Smitty

Edited by Utah Smitty, December 26, 2013 - 02:17 AM.

• Cvans said thank you

#18 Curtludwig OFFLINE  

Curtludwig
  • Member No: 31749
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 10:02 AM

I've been thinking about a China diesel in my Cub 70. Your eBay auction is these guys: a1biofuel.net

I've been watching them for awhile. I'd thought of using the 10hp version which seems to be the most common but should give a good power boost over the 7hp stock.

Then they bring along the 13hp to tempt me. Its a lot more money though.

Edited by Curtludwig, January 25, 2014 - 10:03 AM.

#19 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 09:39 PM

BTW, I have an Onan P218 18 hp engine that would probably fit that JD420 pretty well--I've started it, but it needs to have the carb cleaned out--let me know if you're interested.

I passed on JD as another guy offered me a Melroe 444 Skid steer for $500. Needs a little work and I hated to pass that up. This has an Onan in it also and I may take it out and replace it with a low hour 20hp. Kohler that I have on hand.