Time to Enter Tractor of the Month!
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Has Anyone Dealt With This V-Belt Supplier?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 01:55 PM

V-Belt Global supply,  vbeltsupply.com  I just ordered a new kevlar belt for my Agrifab snowblower on my Husqvarna lawn tractor, and it's half the price of one from Sears or Agrifab.  I just hope I'm not being   "penny wise and pound foolish "

• hamman and IamSherwood have said thanks

#2 jms180 OFFLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 1,015 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 05:09 PM

I bought a deck drive belt last summer for my cub 2206. it work but time will tell how good it is. like you said about half the price.

Edited by jms180, December 19, 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 13,197 Thanks
  • 17,396 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 05:25 PM

Places like that always scare me.... Any time you see a Kevlar belt that usually sells for $ 15 and they have it for $2 that just dosent give me much confidence.

I would assume they must be made in china?

#4 ol' stonebreaker ONLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,428 Thanks
  • 1,042 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 06:04 PM

IMO, V-belts, like almost anything else, ya gets what ya pay for.

Mike

#5 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 06:18 PM

Places like that always scare me.... Any time you see a Kevlar belt that usually sells for $ 15 and they have it for $2 that just dosent give me much confidence.

I would assume they must be made in china?

Can't really say, but this's from their home page :    "  We are centrally headquartered in Sioux Falls, S.D. Our v-belt distribution centers are strategically located throughout the U.S. and Canada and turn-key distribution model minimizes the v-belt supply chain. Allowing us to offer top quality industrial, farm and turf replacement kevlar v-belts at significantly discounted prices. " 

I figure for the money, it's worth a shot.  I've paid much more and didn't have much luck with original one. Not postive that the belt IS the problem, but can't see anything out of line or bent, etc.....   

#6 Oo-v-oO OFFLINE  

Oo-v-oO

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5162
  • 340 Thanks
  • 448 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 02:56 PM

I have had very good luck with belts from Vbelts4less, if this one doesn't work out. 

#7 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,896 Thanks
  • 5,274 posts

Posted January 10, 2014 - 07:14 PM

These people are located in Sioux Falls as stated and have been good to work with. They are helpful on the phone also and 

I would use them again. There is a lot of good reference information on their site also.

• IamSherwood said thank you

#8 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted January 15, 2014 - 08:14 AM

V-Belt Global supply,  vbeltsupply.com  I just ordered a new kevlar belt for my Agrifab snowblower on my Husqvarna lawn tractor, and it's half the price of one from Sears or Agrifab.  I just hope I'm not being   "penny wise and pound foolish "

I've used them many times, super prices with good belts.   I think you will be very happy with them (V-Belt) that is.

#9 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,516 Thanks
  • 1,964 posts

Posted February 17, 2014 - 10:14 AM

the "get what you pay for" isn't always true. I get the Gates "Green" lawn and garden belts from motion industries for half or sometimes less than half what the lawnmower shops charge for the same gates green belt

and Grainger? forget em unless you have lots of money to throw away... they are Godawfully High on *EVERYTHING*