• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,714 Thanks
  • 864 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 07:30 AM

Hello all and happy holidays, On my last post i mentioned i was trading a deere for a wheel horse 520 basket case (who new a deere could be worth so much) po got it that way and never did anything with it, his interest went to the green side. I got lucky he is coming down this way today and is going to bring it with him, this will save me a 4 hour round trip, now i just have to figure out where to put it. i have 7 gts outside now in the snow, but with my health improving at a fantastic rate and my strength returning i will have them all inside very soon.
A week ago i could not lift my arms past my chest and had no strength, but finally they figured out what i had and the treatment starts working usually in 48 hrs,only problem is its a 2-4 yrs long treatment, but who cares "IMMMMMM BACK" even my dislocated shoulder pain feels good because i could not tell it was sore because of the intensity of the other pain. well before i reassemble it might as well clean it up and paint the frame and all the goodies, but if the hydro is no go why bother, is there a bench test for these, filters inside i should change, anyone know what fluids are in these hydro units. i will post pics once its home, thanks all for your well wishes farmer john
  • Alc said thank you

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,693 Thanks
  • 28,340 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 07:48 AM

Glad to hear you're getting your strength back and we will wait anxiously for the shots of the WH (let him know he can find the resurrection thread here if he wants to follow along)

I would think if you could turn the input shaft the correct way with a drill or something, that it would allow you to test the fwd and reverse at least. Won't let you test for torque, but at least motion.

As for the filters. You will have to wait for someone who knows what they are talking about there. Possible that its external?
  • Alc and farmer john have said thanks

#3 js5020 ONLINE  

• Member No: 7086
  • 526 Thanks
  • 661 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 04:19 PM

I saw someplace where someone used the pto on another WH to power a hydro because the engine was out to test it. I suppose you could even power it with an electirc motor since they are usually 3450 or 1725 rpm.  Not sure of the Eatons used in the newer machines but the older ones generally used 10w30.

Just checked the WH site, guys there say dexron, but most prefer 10w30.

Edited by js5020, December 19, 2013 - 04:23 PM.

• farmer john said thank you

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 6,374 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 04:53 PM

Yeah, another horse. Leave rear in the tractor, drive another horse up to it and use the same belt maybe even (I did) that drives the tractor rear to go back to the pto on the rear tractor. Can back up the rear tractor to get snug/tight and kick it in and all should run great. Worked for me on my GT14 using a C100 size tractor in back. It turned right direction too. I tried a drill, but no chuck was big enough for shaft, and too much trouble to make an adapter.  electric motor and belt might work if out of tractor on bench if you can rig it all to stay in line and mounted safely?

#5 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

• Member No: 20120
  • 1,842 Thanks
  • 1,064 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 07:43 PM

On my LGt165, I was able to power the hydro using a 1/2" drive drill on the drive shaft.

It was slow but it worked.