Cub Cadet 129 Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zam OFFLINE  

• Member No: 49488
  • 62 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted December 18, 2013 - 08:47 PM

I don't know if it is just me but my Cub cadet 129 has only two problems i have not fixed and that would be : the steering wheel and shaft came out of the collar at hold i tight . the second being it will start but will not charge we have check every thing from front to back and can't find anything.we hooked up a new s/g and a new voltage regulator. we full fielded it and went to full charge . 

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,333 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted December 18, 2013 - 09:05 PM

If the wheel and shaft came out of the steering column tube I would say it has an issue at the bearing on the bottom.  Probably time to pull the steering box and column out and check to make sure it is all good.

Is the wiring harness new or old?  If its an original harness it could have a broken wire somewhere.  Are all the grounds good and clean?

#3 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11127
  • 1,325 Thanks
  • 1,509 posts

Posted December 18, 2013 - 11:19 PM

Charging system might not be working properly.

#4 zippy1 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50881
  • 601 Thanks
  • 373 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 01:51 AM

Your bearings and retainers are gone if the shaft came up out of the steering box. Time for a rebuild.

You'll need, ball bearing retainer #903-1029, retainer and ball assembly #941-3021, and seal & seal retainer package #394936-R91.And some good grease. And seeing it's apart, now is a good time to true up the cam follower. You don't need to get a new one. What I do is put it in the drill press and take a file and work the groove or notch out of it and clean up the bottom.

Also check the cam assembly to make sure it's not all goobered up. If it is you best hope you can fix it or find a good used one, #703-1085.

Charging could be a number of things, most likely a wiring issue. Check the wires for breaks and grounds to make certain they are making good contacts.

Edited by zippy1, December 19, 2013 - 01:58 AM.

• Alc and zam have said thanks