Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

How Did You Come Up With Your User Name?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Team_Green OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 18, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Plus someone took my first few choices.

Stud Muffin gone

Cat has a second name on here that is rarely used huh....

#62 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 18, 2013 - 11:35 PM

Time I get in on this. I got started my collection in walk behinds, David Bradley's, when I was 16 and started taking those to shows and collecting some oddball stuff. One day this gentleman called me aside and said, "I have a unique walk behind tractor in excellent original condition and I have no room for it, and I never want to see it restored, or ruined. If you promise not to restore it or let it get ruined, it's all yours." It was my best running free tractor ever. Turns out it is actually kind of rare, and I have kept it indoors as soon as I got room indoors for it. Fast forward to my 18th birthday, when I could finally sign up for my own eBay account, and needed a username. I dug deep into my collection and thought, what tractor do I want to be. As I plugged away (before Springfields) I was getting shot down, when Dad reminded me of my free tractor, so I tried it, and fail.. Dang. Mom always used Wv in front of her username so I thought, ok, sure, and it worked. when I hit the forums it still worked, and ever since the first person I pissed off, I doubt anyone else will ever want it lol. So now I have you all wondering, what the heck is a "buzz master". It is a walk behind tree saw built by Ottawa manufacturing or something to that effect in the 1940s and has a 7 hp Wisconsin engine, 4.00-12 drive tires, and a 30 inch circular saw blade out front. It was aptly named by the company Buzz Master. It is One of the most cumbersome tractors ever, and I have almost run myself down with it when starting it lol. I eventually quit taking it to shows because I decided I did not want to have any incidents with it at a show, especially when other people could end up at risk, so it stays home. I will look for pictures sometime, but you can find a few pics online of the behemoth if you search "Ottawa buzz master" and you will know when you see it lol.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, December 18, 2013 - 11:37 PM.

• johndeereelfman, sacsr, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#63 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14008
  • 5,513 Thanks
  • 3,063 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 12:31 AM

Ours is pretty self explanatory too. There's two of us, older than dirt, and aside from a single excursion into a walk behind Honda tiller, it's been John Deere all the way. Stuck the "e" on olde hoping no one else would have already used it, and it goes with the "e" on Deere.
  • johndeereelfman, sacsr and HDWildBill have said thanks

#64 backwoods OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8613
  • 2,049 Thanks
  • 2,429 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 09:51 AM

ive been told in the past i have a backwoods way of living an how i go about doing pert near everything so id use it as a screen name on a few forums

and now you know the rest of the story...........

• johndeereelfman, sacsr, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

• Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Simple & easy to remember.

Being from New Stinking Jersey and name is Ken.

Plus someone took my first few choices.

Stud Muffin gone

Tractor Stud gone

Honda RER Lover gone

Team green taken by u know who.

Gee Scott, wonder how "Honda RER lover" got there ?

Good one my Minnesota friend.
  • MH81 said thank you