#61 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 10:40 PM

Sorry Johndeereelfman, I didn't mean to crash your plan in any way.

Les,

No reason for the apology, you didn't upset me in any way. It just seems that most guys are wanting to, or it would be easier to meet at local shows. When I picked the states, I basically tried to find an area centralized between the areas that had the greatest amount of members around them. I was thinking that all the members around that state would all be traveling about the same distance, so there wouldn't seem like there was favoritism shown towards any certain members. I was trying to be fair and considerate, and the states that I picked were just feelers to see if any of them were suitable. I also got the impression that we could have a meeting in some of the guys backyards, and that still wouldn't be close enough to keep them happy. I know I won't be able to make everyone happy, but come on guys, we all have to be willing to give a little if we want this to happen bad enough. 

Doug,

If the guys will post their local shows with enough advanced notice, I would be more than willing to help out in coordinating dates and times for meet and greets, but it would be just as easy for one of the attendees who knows the grounds, and is planning on going to the show, to do it also. I vote that we plan on meet and greet gatherings at all of the big shows, some of which where mentioned, and one individual from each show, plans a meeting date and time, well in advance, so that others can plan accordingly. I also vote that you guys that don't have local shows to attend to, plan a meet and greet event on your own, and possibly get enough guys involved to maybe get your own tractor show started. In fact, it doesn't have to be a tractor show. When I brought this whole idea up, it wasn't intended to include tractors, plowing, shows, or Insurance. It was just a way for us to come together and meet. Spend a day or two together, tell a couple stories, share some thoughts, shake some hands, then be on our way. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Others,

You guys decide what you want me to do, if anything. I'll help out anyway I can, if I can, and to the best of my ability. If shows are where you want to meet, then let's get a list of some of the bigger and better shows started, then a list of members who are planning on attending those shows, so that I have someone to contact as far as dates and times. In areas that don't have local shows, let's get a list of members that might be willing to have something in their area as a meeting place, along with dates, so that we can get something set up for you, and find you some help to work with. I really think this could be fun and enjoyable, but it's going to take some work in getting things started. Once we have a year or two under our belt, I think it will just roll and pretty much take care of itself from there. Let's work together on this and make it happen.

Edited by johndeereelfman, December 26, 2013 - 10:41 PM.

• DH1 and sacsr have said thanks

#62 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 07:19 AM

do you want us to post the the shows under events or in a new thread? that way we can see what shows are where?

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#63 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 07:48 AM

do you want us to post the the shows under events or in a new thread? that way we can see what shows are where?

Best to put shows in the events. Plus on the calendar.

#64 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 07:51 AM

thats where i thought of but wasnt sure i have no idea how to put any thing on the calender

#65 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 08:04 AM

Best to put shows in the events. Plus on the calendar.

Kenny,

If we post in the events or on the calendar, will guys be able to post that they are planning to attend, and will they be able to post meeting dates and times? If so, then by all means, let's go for it. I'd like to keep track of those attending each show, as a way of making sure that we have all of the members covered. 

Thanks for the idea.

• DH1 said thank you

#66 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 08:11 AM

the one local show hasnt put dates up on there web page or fb page yet the other im waiting for the town to announce it an i saw one down in pa last year sometime just dont remember when i think they have a show at the tioga fair grounds? correct me if im wrong.

#67 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 08:19 AM

It's best to put the shows on both. In the events, folks can say whether they are coming. The calendar just makes it easy to see what is going on where that month.

thats where i thought of but wasnt sure i have no idea how to put any thing on the calender

The calendar is easy. There is a button for Add Event at the right.