#46 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 11:41 AM

You are welcome to use the Dover show as gttalk get together. We already have a lot of members show up already. Why reinvent the wheel. One thing I think you guys may be forgetting is insurance. I know of a lot existing shows that are having problems getting insurance for there shows. Just a thought.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#47 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 12:18 PM

You are welcome to use the Dover show as gttalk get together. We already have a lot of members show up already. Why reinvent the wheel. One thing I think you guys may be forgetting is insurance. I know of a lot existing shows that are having problems getting insurance for there shows. Just a thought.

Yeah, I was thinking about that also. It would certainly need to be looked into but the thing that might save it would be that this isn't an actual show or even an official "club" function. It's just a gathering or get-together. If people happen to bring tractors, so be it.....
  • johndeereelfman and twostep have said thanks

#48 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 04:06 PM

I too am not worrying about having Insurance. We are just a group of guys getting together for a gathering of meet and greet. No official show, no pulls, and no advertisement to draw people to us. If the locals are going to make us have Insurance, then I will scratch the whole idea. This is just for having a good time of fellowship with fellow members, no time constraints, no schedules, and NO RULES!

I'm pretty sure all the guys here are responsible enough to look out for themselves and others, so there won't be any accidents. If something should happen, I think we all care enough about each other that there won't be any law suits.

As far as finding locations in the different states, yes, I'm hoping to find a couple members near the meeting locations to help out in securing a location and finding out who the contact person or persons are to ask permission for our gatherings. I will do all that I can from my point, but I will need help in securing areas that I'm not familiar with. 

#49 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 05:03 PM

I am kind of confused what do you guys want to do? It sounds to me that you guys just want to have a social event such as pig roast or a picnic. Do you not want tractors there? Social is a nice idea. Personally I am burned out myself.

#50 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 05:29 PM

Maybe as has been mentioned before, have it at one of the Garden Tractor shows.

Just get whoever can, wants to go, to meet there.

I have meet several members at these shows and the plowdays.

The event already takes care of insurance, food, washrooms, the place and time.

???

• josh deaven and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#51 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 05:45 PM

Sounds good! I have my "Garden Tractor Trail Ride in mid September, north MO, close to I-35. The Chillicothe, Mo show is late September. In our area, the weather is usually more stable in the fall! ~~ Lowell
  • josh deaven and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#52 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 11:54 PM

Well, this idea was basically just a gathering for us members, to get together, meet each other face-to-face, and to have a good time getting to know each other better. Guys can bring tractors alone if they want to. Not necessary or mandatory, just voluntarily. It was meant to have our own little get away from the big shows, as sometimes the big shows can really cut down on the time for mingling. 

Maybe all just help to get some areas established, put a list together, and let you guys vote which place you want the gathering to be held. If it turns out that you want it to be at a local tractor show, then I guess so be it. I'm just trying to get us all together. I'm just thinking that if it's held at a tractor show, that the time will be cut down on meeting each other, due to all of the sites to see. Just my opinion, but I'll leave it up to you all to decide. 

• josh deaven and twostep have said thanks

#53 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 04:31 PM

I'm just thinking that if it's held at a tractor show, that the time will be cut down on meeting each other, due to all of the sites to see. 

I worry about the same thing.

As far as insurance and facilities is concerned, if it is done at a campgrounds those concerns should be eliminated. As long as each person pays for their own spot.

#54 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 10:05 PM

I think it is pretty clear that just meeting at the local tractor shows will be the best for guys to meet, so with that said, there is no reason for me to be involved. I deleted the poll for the other thread, but I can't get this one deleted. If one of the moderators is reading this, and can delete the poll at the top of this thread for me, I'd appreciate the help. 

#55 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 10:27 PM

If one of the moderators is reading this, and can delete the poll at the top of this thread for me, I'd appreciate the help. 

That's what we're here for.

#56 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted December 23, 2013 - 06:18 AM

I think it is pretty clear that just meeting at the local tractor shows will be the best for guys to meet, so with that said, there is no reason for me to be involved. I deleted the poll for the other thread, but I can't get this one deleted. If one of the moderators is reading this, and can delete the poll at the top of this thread for me, I'd appreciate the help. 

Troy, I'm glad you brought it up as folks out this direction do not have large shows to gather at. Hopefully, we can get something together out this way!

• johndeereelfman and twostep have said thanks

#57 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• Member No: 8320
  • 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 12:40 AM

Troy, I'm glad you brought it up as folks out this direction do not have large shows to gather at. Hopefully, we can get something together out this way!

it is the same way out here i think the local tractor club i am part of is going to the county fair this year and im going to take a gt or two if i can to help raise info about them and this wonderful site

• KennyP said thank you

#58 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 06:18 PM

I think it is pretty clear that just meeting at the local tractor shows will be the best for guys to meet, so with that said, there is no reason for me to be involved.

Well I think there is reason for you to be involved, some of these tractor shows/events are multi day deals. Some who travel far can only get there for 1 or 2 days.

Then there's which ones to go to.

Not everybody can go to every event.

If an event was picked as the GTtalk get-together, then we would know which one to try to get to and meet as many members as possible.

Someone needs to coordinate this.

• josh deaven, KennyP, johndeereelfman and 3 others have said thanks

#59 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,569 Thanks
  • 3,951 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 05:25 AM

I know that I had missed meeting several members already at shows with being there at different times. It could possibly work to pick a time when the most members will be there to do a meet. It could range from a breakfast at the local diner to a cookout in the evening.

• Alc, johndeereelfman and backwoods have said thanks

#60 lesmeister OFFLINE  

lesmeister
  • Member No: 30635
  • 185 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 08:47 PM

You have a great idea going, I didn't mean to get together at the shows, just see if we could use the show grounds for the meeting place when they are not having a show. I was thinking plenty of room, some of them have facilities on site etc. Sorry Johndeereelfman, I didn't mean to crash your plan in any way.