Here is what it looked like when I got it home.
It was packed full of mouse and or chipmunk nests.
I got the head off today, and found it was cracked and the gasket was blown. The head wasn't cracked all the way through, but it would be before long.
I have the spare engine I took off my running 1050, so that head will be going on this engine. I'll probably pick up a spare head sometime too, but for now I'm glad I have all the parts from the 1053.
It needs an ignition switch, which I have from the 1053 I parted out, and also drive and PTO belts.
Here is what it looks like after about an hour of cleaning up crud. It took a long time to get everything out of the cooling fins, but it sure looks a lot better.
Edited by Kfs35, December 15, 2013 - 07:27 PM.