#1 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 11:41 AM

Had the 850 out yesterday cleaning up the drive from the snow fall we just had.   Its not the fast way to do it but I got seat time thats all I was looking for.  

850 back bladeing 003.jpg 850 back bladeing 004.jpg 850 back bladeing 005.jpg 850 back bladeing 006.jpg 850 back bladeing 001.jpg

• Bolens 1000, DH1, KennyP and 11 others have said thanks

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 12:00 PM

Is that strip till, no till, or did someone decide the field was good enough after harvest? Jeez, someone could of at least chopped it down and made cornstalk bales.

3 round bales of cornstalks = 1 tube frame
5 round bales w/ delivery = 1 large frame

What are you guys doing up there?
  • Bolens 1000, wilberj, Dieselcubmike and 2 others have said thanks

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 12:13 PM

Looks like fun

If you need something to do you can come help clear the 36''+  we got Wednesday - Sunday :D Its still coming down here.

• wilberj and JRJ have said thanks

#4 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 12:54 PM

Is that strip till, no till, or did someone decide the field was good enough after harvest? Jeez, someone could of at least chopped it down and made cornstalk bales.

3 round bales of cornstalks = 1 tube frame
5 round bales w/ delivery = 1 large frame

What are you guys doing up there?

What?   He cut it down after the ground got hard he waits till the last min and when it as dry as can be because he dont have a dryer or bins.     He will till it in spring.    The feild on the other side of the road owned by the biggest farmer around us is the same way. 

• JRJ said thank you

#5 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for the pictures, I have a back blade just like yours, I use it to pull the snow away from the garage, edges, I never thought of doing the whole driveway with it, one day I'm going to try it.

• wilberj and JRJ have said thanks

#6 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 02:53 PM

I have never had to move snow.  Ever.  Dont even own a snow shovel so excuse the question, but Im curious as I just dont know...  Im wondering how well the snow moves, after you drive over it.  99% of the time that I see pics of snow removal, is done by blowers, or front blades.  Do you ever use one of those, and the back blade is your favorite?  Just curious. 

Thanks

#7 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 02:58 PM

I have never had to move snow.  Ever.  Dont even own a snow shovel so excuse the question, but Im curious as I just dont know...  Im wondering how well the snow moves, after you drive over it.  99% of the time that I see pics of snow removal, is done by blowers, or front blades.  Do you ever use one of those, and the back blade is your favorite?  Just curious. 

Thanks

Most of the time we plow with the truck but I like to try the tractors in all ways of moveing snow.   I tryed blowers, plows, and now a back blade I have to say the back blade takes alot of time to get a little done compard to the front plow or blower.   

• mowinman2 said thank you

#8 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 03:01 PM

Thats what I was thinking, but just wasnt sure.  Thanks!

#9 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 03:06 PM

One way to use a back blade would be to reverse it and push the snow backwards.

Edited by DH1, December 15, 2013 - 03:33 PM.

• mowinman2 said thank you

#10 68guns OFFLINE  

68guns

• Member No: 7878
  • 122 Thanks
  • 80 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 03:21 PM

Good stuff...we got 10" here. Just finished plowing 1100 feet of driveways with my 1664. I need to fabricate one of those back blade this spring for work on my gravel driveway.

#11 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 05:05 PM

One way to use a back blade would be to reverse it and push the snow backwards.

I thats one way I could of tryed it but the gears in this old girl are not very good and I try to keep from shifting to much.   I was driveing from one end to the other and just terning around.     Just playing. :D

#12 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted December 16, 2013 - 10:53 AM

We used to reverse the blade and push snow with the IH 504 like that. It worked fine.. but your neck would kill you after driving backwards for hours lol. Not to mention the learning curve of driving it backwards lol.

Jerome - what kind of back blade is that? I would really like one for the HT20 &23 - but I haven't found one that would fit.. everything that I have found looks way to tall to clear my 3pt, with the exception of the Frontier one a the local JD dealer... but for the price they want I can buy another Bolens lol. 

#13 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 16, 2013 - 03:30 PM

We used to reverse the blade and push snow with the IH 504 like that. It worked fine.. but your neck would kill you after driving backwards for hours lol. Not to mention the learning curve of driving it backwards lol.

Jerome - what kind of back blade is that? I would really like one for the HT20 &23 - but I haven't found one that would fit.. everything that I have found looks way to tall to clear my 3pt, with the exception of the Frontier one a the local JD dealer... but for the price they want I can buy another Bolens lol. 

Some off brand one I got at the show by me.  I realy like it fits right onto the sleave hich.   All I need to do is rase it tern around grab the handle and tern it the way it needs to be off I go again.

• nglauer said thank you