#1 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,679 Thanks
  • 8,882 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 09:55 PM

I am beginning research and a parts scrounge for the snowblower on my Bolens/Iseki G152.
image.jpg

I am looking to add hydraulic rotation to the chute, and add an electric actuator for the spout tip. The tractor has two spools of hydraulics available, one is currently being used for the lift on the snowblower. The second spool has two feet of hoses attached to it that are used for the deck lift, so I will need to run hoses to the front, use hard lines, or run totally new hoses from the valve.

My current set up:
image.jpg

I want to use a hydraulic motor for rotation, using just roller chain to connect to the chute. I would have weld on a sprocket tooth ring to the base of the chute.

On the spout deflector, I just plan on using whatever actuator I can find cheap, but mounting a sturdy two way weatherproof switch on the outside of the hydraulic control valve box on the fender.

image.jpg

Any hints on where on the net to shop for hydraulic stuff needed, or alternative ideas on hydraulic chute rotation would be appreciated.

Today's search on local CL turned up a used hydraulic motor that was expensive and turns too fast, and an actuator that is 36" long.
  • JRJ said thank you

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 08:01 AM

There are its of 36 volt 24"-36" actuators out there from the old big sat dishes. They do run on 12, but are slow.
  • Cat385B and JRJ have said thanks

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • 11,679 Thanks
  • 8,882 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 12:47 PM

Looking through CL, I saw a Steiner snowblower with hydraulic rotate. It's design is something I'm thinking about. I have a small (3" stroke) cylinder that came with the tractor. I wonder how much stroke on the cylinder I would need to get 200° of rotation?

100_1734.jpg

• JRJ said thank you

#4 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • 11,679 Thanks
  • 8,882 posts

Posted December 15, 2013 - 05:18 PM

After trying out a couple different configurations, I think the stroke on the hydraulic cylinder I have laying around is too short. I can only get about 45-60° of rotation each way from centered with what I have.

Still thinking.

#5 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • 11,679 Thanks
  • 8,882 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 04:11 AM

I am considering trying for a hydraulic motor for chute rotation. What rpm should I be shopping for?

#6 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,403 Thanks
  • 3,154 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 07:02 AM

Slow!! I sure hope you have something to slip the motor, cause them slow ones have tons of power and might tear things up if you have a OOPS moment..... A window motor works awesome... Surplus Center had some for cheap $.
  • trowel and Cat385B have said thanks

#7 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 08:13 AM

Slow!! I sure hope you have something to slip the motor, cause them slow ones have tons of power and might tear things up if you have a OOPS moment..... A window motor works awesome... Surplus Center had some for cheap $.

Just what i was thinking.

#8 tractorskipper OFFLINE  

tractorskipper
  • Member No: 25019
  • 123 Thanks
  • 84 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 09:45 PM

I used a window motor out of a Chrysler van on my Bolens blower.  It has that same worm gear set up as yours.  The mopar motors are non grounded, using a simple polarity reversal for direction change (2P/DT momentary, center off switch).  Works great & the speed is just about perfect.

Will try to post pics tomorrow.

Skip

• Cat385B said thank you

#9 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • 11,679 Thanks
  • 8,882 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 07:43 PM

Still thinking, the chute rotating every time I lift up is tiresome.

image.jpg image.jpg

#10 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,403 Thanks
  • 3,154 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 04:54 AM

What you have to drive the shoot is nice and safe. All you need is a drive for it. Hydraulic will be expensive!! I would go electric ! Also hydraulic motors that turn slow are very powerful and could easily tear that blower shoot up...
I motorized my shoot on my Fabco/ Craftsman blower fitted to my Ford by using a powersteering motor assembly from a chevy cobalt.
The same thing could be done for your Bolens unit with relative ease. The Bolens shoot turns easier i think then mine and could easily use a window motor type drive. Surplus Center has all kinds of options cheap.
  • Cat385B said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens, iseki, g152, model 1330, hydraulic rotate, electric spout