Does This Look Right?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10778
  • 367 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 06:42 PM

I have never put a blade on a Power King.  It mounted up and seems to operate fine, but it looks like it is way out front.  Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• pk 001 (1024x768).jpg
  • pk 002 (1024x768).jpg

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 06:50 PM

No doubt it sticks out very far! That is not an original plow, likely modified from something else, but I don't know what. You could cut out a section of the channel and weld it back together, this would make it closer, and it would make it easier for the hydraulics to lift.
  • TimW said thank you

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 6,374 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 07:06 PM

Hmmm! Looks like a Jim Dandy blade with narrow channel?? Looks tilted too far forward on the blade?? The wide part on blade with pivot and lock is too far forward. Normally back farther with the pivot bolt being on end of channel. Then the lock comes up thru a slot in the channel and pivots below it.  You have the mount blocks on frame under engine? Think I see rear ones in one pix. The hangers and bar that fit into the rear slots are angled up from channel and solid. The front mounts get a loose moving cross bar that is the rockshaft to lift blade. Has a tab to hook to rod that goes back to rear rockshaft where mower also gets connected to.  The front mount then has flat stock links that go from side of channel to the forward rockshaft. SEems like maybe there is two each side to give movement??? Can't seem to recall.  I really think someone has modified the channel and maybe is longer now. I can't tell what is coming out of front of it to mount blade, but looks kinda light from what I can see in pictures.  Might have a blade instructions I can load here if I can find them to compare. Real early blades are diff than later ones and Jim Dandy''s also got a lighter set-up. You know what actual model of PK you have there? Year?

Found this picture of ONE kind of mounting, the most popular later model type.

Attached Thumbnails

• PK blade mounts.jpg

Edited by glgrumpy, December 14, 2013 - 07:15 PM.

• TimW said thank you

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10778
  • 367 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 07:35 PM

The PK is a late '70s model 1614.  It kind of thru me off because everything connected fine and it seems to work find as far as lifting.  It went on fine and everything seemed to mount without issue.  It confused me because no doubt it is for a Power King, as far as the way it connects, but why on earth would somebody make it this long?

#5 Username OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,064 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 08:00 PM

My guess is that it was off a tractor that mounted farther back on the tractor and they did not bother to cut it down.

• TimW and Sawdust have said thanks